Construction technology has not seen any noticeable improvement in over a 100 years. Though architects today are able to design digitally with high precision, we still construct manually using the same techniques that were used over a century ago. This disconnect between digital design and the physical world has led to an economically and environmentally unsustainable construction process, furthermore producing buildings that are energy inefficient.
At Scaled Robotics our mission is to digitise construction. Through the introduction of teams of mobile robots to the construction site that work directly from the 3D model, we bridge the gap between digital design and the physical construction site. This cuts out costly errors and increases quality, transitioning to a leaner manufacturing process.
Backed by our lead investor and industry partner Peri, we are modernising 21st century construction.
We are looking for passionate people to join our team, designing and testing robots for construction.
Working as part of a team developing a base system capable of manipulation under uncertainty.
- Implementing real time control software for 6.d.o.f arm
- Implementing position and force control algorithms for robotic arms.
- Implementing planning and control algorithms for closing perception action loops for compliant and stiff actuators
- Take initiative and lead the systematic evaluation of algorithms
- Masters/PhD in Robotics or Controls with experience in advanced control and planning techniques for high d.o.f systems ; alternatively comparable industry career.
- At least 2-3 years experience developing algorithms for compliant control, manipulation, state estimation and system identification.
- Experience working with different physics engines ODE, Bullet, MuJoCo HAPTIX
- Experience working with different robotics hardware
- Experienced Object Oriented Programmer in C++ and Python
- Experience with commonly used packages ROS, Gazebo, MoveIt!
- Experience with version control (specifically GIT)
- Experience developing in Linux
- Publications at top robotics conferences (RSS, ICRA, IROS, Humanoids)
- Bonus: knowledge of development in Xenomai
- Bonus: Open Source Software development and deployment
About Scaled Robotics
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!