With over 240 million users in 196 countries, Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. Our team spans 18 countries and empowers hundreds of millions of people to have a voice and fight injustice.
We’re a social impact business, and we’re aiming to build a world where no one is powerless and where creating change is a part of everyday life.
About the role:
Do you love storytelling? Does the idea of giving voice to ordinary people who want to change the world excite you? Then apply for this internship!
The Content and Marketing Intern will help the team generate engaging content (magazines, interviews, articles, emails, copies, etc.) to tell the best stories about petition starters and Change.org users in Spain. He/she will also assist the team in the daily interaction with users and members, dedicating part of the time to user support and social listening.
Here are the skills and experience we hope you have:
* You have previous personal or professional experience in social change or activism.
* You sometimes dream of becoming a journalist in an organization where you have the freedom to tell beautiful and exciting stories.
* You follow the news and are able to come up with interesting angles for articles or interviews.
* You enjoy talking to people, listening to their concerns, and are always ready to help them out.
* You love writing great content, but you also like numbers.
* You are a methodical and organized person, who pays close attention to detail.
* You are not afraid of taking risks, learning from failures and adapting your approach in many situations.
* You take fun seriously.
* You are comfortable writing and conversing in English.
* Ideally, you have photo and video editing/production skills.
Here’s what you’ll do as part of our team:
* You will work with the Spanish team to tell beautiful stories
about impact and social change, mostly directed to our members, but also
to the more than 10 million users we have in Spain.
* You will help the team in their daily interactions with users and members, listening to their questions and concerns and offering help.
* You will learn how to team set up and measure experiments and A/B tests.
* We promise you will learn a lot about social mobilization and online marketing.
Interested? Great, here’s what you should know:
It’s a role that is based in Madrid for the duration of 6 months. This is a part-time Intern opportunity (5 hours a day), ideally working in the mornings. You must be able to prove you are currently a student so we can sign an agreement with your University / School, preferably (but not compulsory) with a degree in journalism, politics or media studies.
We are a social enterprise and a certified B corporation with generous benefits including unlimited paid vacation, paid family leave, and health, vision and dental insurance. We enjoy our work, and working with each other.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We’re working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started, and we hope you’ll join us.