Software touches every aspect of our lives: from how we bank, socialize, shop and learn, to how we entertain, obtain healthcare services, use transportation and much more. All of the world’s software needs to be developed, updated and maintained seamlessly. This is where JFrog comes in; with software development and DevOps tooling that powers the world’s digital transformation.
JFrog is on a mission to enable continuous software updates through Liquid Software, empowering developers to code high-quality applications that securely flow to end-users without interruption. JFrog is the creator of Artifactory, the heart of the JFrog Platform - a hybrid, universal, end-to-end DevOps solution available as open-source, self-hosted and as a SaaS subscription. More than 5,800 customers, including 75% of the Fortune 100, trust JFrog to manage their software binaries and accelerate their secure software delivery from code-to-production.
Are you a hands-on technical leader with a passion for new technologies, an urgency for high quality deliveries, and capable of driving innovation while leading an “A” class high performance team? This is a unique opportunity to drive the development of Conan (https://conan.io/) the open source and world’s leading C/C++ package manager, used by thousands of companies around the world.
As the Conan Development Manager, you will:
- Manage day to day development: Plan and prioritize efforts, define and follow development guidelines and best practices, organize and participate in code reviews to guarantee quality and consistency, assign and track development, support and community tasks of the team members. Lead the team, while hiring and growing the team, and supporting career development.
- Take ownership of the team operations: Includes the process of releasing Conan, and the client to PyPI. Creating installers, generating and reviewing changelogs, and supervising documentation changes. Responsible for coordinating the CI/CD operations and pipelines, while introducing good and efficient testing practices for all Conan projects.
- Work closely with Conan architects to plan, investigate, prototype, coordinate and test new solutions. Requires being an active participant in these tasks and technical problem solving.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong skills and hands-on experience (3+ years) with C and C++ build engineering: build systems in different platforms, CI/CD pipelines, knowledge of different compilers for different systems, cross-building, etc.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles at all levels: architecture, development, testing, and Agile/lean.
- Experience (2+ years) in creating, growing and leading development teams with 4 employees and more. Have great organizational skills and experience implementing, managing and releasing complex features, supporting and maintaining software in the long term.
- Involvement in community or open source teams or projects is not required, but valuable.