OnTruck is transforming the road transportation industry, €600 billion just in Europe. We make trucking simple, transparent and on-demand.
OnTruck is a B2B logistics platform, connecting companies looking to move pallets with our network of carriers. We offer shippers a web platform to make the process of finding the right truck quick and simple with built-in track and trace. Carriers are able to accept shipments through a mobile app, letting them grow and manage their business with ease.
OnTruck is backed by the top investors in Europe.
- Every one of us has had several start-up experiences and on average we have 10+ years of experience in somehow similar challenges. We know success, we know failure; we've built platforms from scratch, we've dealt with large legacy systems. We care about each other and about the product we're building.
- Some of the past projects where our engineers have been involved before joining OnTruck are: building the billing system for one of the largest telephony operators in Spain, building up and optimising complex marketplaces handling millions of orders a month, building real time video chats, building a global oauth/identity provider, improving the garbage collector of the JVM, creating social network libraries even before Facebook existed, building the Eurofighter simulator used to train pilots, building kernel modules to deal with real-time processor allocation, creating NLP algorithms to score user comments and timeline recommendation algorithms, building software to manage a backbone network, building the mobile apps of tier 1 banks, building mobile e-readers for millions for users, integrating mobile apps with Arduinos and dealing with the logistic platform of a big supermarket chain.
- Investors like our concept and team and we've been quite successful in fundraising and gathering resources to support our future growth.
The engineering culture
- We value speed of iteration and best practices and we care about our craft: both our API and key components have 100% test coverage, for instance.
- We get engineers as close to the business problems as possible, so everybody is involved in solution design. We have mechanisms to enable anybody in the company to bring their new ideas to decision makers since we believe that innovative ideas come from everywhere.
- We have a decoupled architecture, based on REST APIs and asynchronous services. We work with React in the frontend platforms (customers and admin), native in mobile apps (truck drivers), Python/Django in the transactional backend and Elixir for real-time functional needs. Our DB is PostgreSQL and the queues run on RabbitMQ.
- We use a dedicated ERP to avoid reinventing the wheel there and we also have built a DWH/Analytics platform which takes advantage of external solutions.
The exciting part
- Opportunities for personal growth and learning, every single day.
- A flat, laid-back culture. Everybody is encouraged to participate in discussions and contribute.
- High-trust environment. We believe in giving autonomy to all our employees
- Competitive compensation packages. We are looking for the very best talent, and will reward accordingly.
- Awesome offices in central Madrid and London. We are easily accessible by public transport, as well as close to public bike stations.
- Flexible schedule. We strongly believe in face-to-face communication so we don’t allow regular remote working.