Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. Right now, we're seeking an experienced PR and marketing professional to join our world class team in helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an exceptional Communications Manager, based in our office in London. It’s a challenging, high responsibility, specialist role. You’ll be in charge of developing brand awareness of and excitement about Adzuna among the population at large across all our verticals in the UK and in our extensive family of international sites. PR is fundamental to the continued growth of our global business and we're looking for an individual to build on the success we've already had.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the role involves leading the PR and Social Media activities of the company and the overall brand building strategy for the business.
- Achieve a sustained flow of high quality, on-brand press coverage for Adzuna in national, regional, broadcast and trade/online media.
- Maximise links to the website from news authorities globally through data led PR
- Act as an ambassador for the brand in communications with journalists, bloggers and other influencers, become the spokesperson for the brand
- Generate PR ideas for all markets, research data and write press releases, with the aim to produce at least numerous high quality releases and one other ad hoc / exclusive / feature piece throughout the month
- Build out target journalist lists, and develop and maintain relationships with key journalists
- Maintain a list of coverage achieved and press pages on the Adzuna website.
- Work with and manage agencies or freelancers when relevant. You’ll be selling in stories yourself as well as working with 3rd parties to maximise coverage
- Own the global PR strategy, lead development of international PR and manage country managers to deliver consistent, high quality news coverage
- Own the brand positioning and tone of voice for adzuna globally
- Twitter: Manage the company's twitter account. Duties include sharing news, Adzuna developments & competitions, interactions with users and friends/customers/journalists. Build followers & project the right brand image.
- Facebook: Manage Facebook account and build engagement from the current Adzuna community and grow likes / new users
- Blog: Maintain the Adzuna UK blog and write relevant, interesting, high quality articles – and manage other contributors. Supervise multi-country blogs on an ongoing basis.
- Continuously evaluate best practices from other brands and develop our approach to be recognised as a market leader in this area.
- Support product development projects based on user feedback from public channels
- Manage agency support, freelance content writers, marketers and others as needed to grow brand awareness
- Anything else that the company needs to help get the word out!
- You must have at least 2-4 years of PR & Marketing experience at a startup or blue chip web brand. You must have a great university degree, and can demonstrate strong analytical and copy writing skills. Most of all, you must be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and thrive on juggling a lot of balls. You must be a native English language speaker.
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll learn a ton from some of the top experts in the functions you deal with, you’ll get paid a market competitive salary and be granted stock options, and if you’re successful your career can progress quickly in a low-hierarchy, fast-growing company.
We don't like to put people in boxes, but you're likely to be able to show us much of the below:
- Demonstrable experience of media relations, press release writing, journalist relations and digital PR
- Strong relationship-building skills and verbal communication abilities that stop us in our tracks
- Interest and/or demonstrated aptitude for online PR - a real appreciation for the digital world and the growing significance of SEO in the PR space
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Able to quickly build new relationships over the phone and in person
- Knowledge/awareness of social media and/or social community building
- The confidence to represent the company as a media spokesperson
- A passion for measurability and a bag of great ideas on how PR can demonstrate real impact on the business
What we offer:
- £35k-£50k salary
- Stock options
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- A positive attitude towards flexible working and parental leave
- A values-based culture
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Huge learning opportunity from smart, experienced colleagues
- Table tennis table and a program of team social events
- Bright, airy office with roof terrace, in the heart of bustling Fulham Broadway