What is the role?
We are looking for Software Developer in the CloudStack team, your main focus will be developing and contributing to the Apache CloudStack project.
You will be working with a team of DevOps engineers with curious minds who are excited about the challenge and responsible for building and operating LeaseWeb’s worldwide private and public cloud platforms. In this position you will contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of Apache CloudStack, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) open source project. Our work involves deep knowledge of hypervisors, storage, and networking, and our team values transparency, initiative, customer focus, collaboration and continuous improvement in the similar way Apache community does.
What you will do:
* Together with your team you’ll actively contribute to the enhancement and maintenance of the Apache Cloudstack project.
* Collaborate with LeaseWeb’s Product Engineering teams to define features, which we’ll give back to the community.
* Work on automating new platform deployments.
What you need to be successful:
* You live and breathe open source. You aim to ensure that the community can benefit from your contribution.
* A few years experience on software development in Java (preferred with maven for building packages).
* Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating systems (Ubuntu and RHEL-based).
* Strong knowledge on linux networking with basic storage networking
* Knowledge of virtualization technologies (such as ESXi, KVM, Xen) is required. API for managing platform virtualization like LibVirt is a plus
* Good to have knowledge on any IaaS platform (e.g. CloudStack, Eucalyptus, OpenStack, etc.)
* Experience with some of the following tools/languages would be nice: Python, Git, Chef/Ansible, Prometheus, Kubernetes
What you’ll get in return:
* Competitive market salary + annual bonus
* Good secondary benefits, including a defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
* 25 days of paid time-off
* Free lunch
* Free parking
* The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
* Team fun events, quarterly Hackathon
Want to apply?
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
If you need any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact Barbara Poveda (Talent Acquisition Lead) via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 654235261. We look forward to meeting you!
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly. We appreciate you trying anyway but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications.