The Cloud Solutions Engineer must possess a full-stack development background and will coordinate with the unit manager the Olympic Channel’s development activities; being accountable for developing infrastructure and software architecture, design, implementation and quality control of delivered features to the Olympic Channel ecosystem and related projects.
• Functional: accountable to gather new service needs, product and feature requests including functional requirements from Digital Platforms product owners and Engineering and Operations group. Participate and propose solutions during product and platforms definition phase, functional descriptions, etc. Document and track requirements.
• Non-functional: contribute to the definition of technical specifications for applications; perform the technical analysis and the detailed design; suggest improvements or new designs to existing applications and tools and ensure partners and vendors technical proposal are aligned with the company architecture and vision.
• Quality Control and Assurance: ensure vendors and third parties design and deliver applications according to the specifications and industry standard. Work with QA team to build test plans and metrics.
• Project Management: participate in projects as the Olympic Channel’s Technical representative or member; define scope, plan and follow project developments and deployments for applications; supervise or coordinate external resources during project phase.
• Devops: liaise with Digital, Engineering and Support teams for knowledge transfers pre- and post- releases aiding during complex problems analysis and troubleshooting.
• Communication: Internally with the department team members and managers; externally with other Department Managers, Corporate IT and Telecommunication services, suppliers and service providers.
• Deep knowledge in cloud deployments, in at least one of the principal public cloud providers, designing complex and secure architectures.
• Deep knowledge in the administration of web servers and application servers based on Windows and Linux
• Deep knowledge of the whole stack including databases, protocols and web server optimization.
• Deep knowledge designing and implementing performant applications coping with high traffic and global reach (ie. Scalability, caching, CDN optimization, etc.)
• Deep knowledge in web delivery and CDN related technologies; including HTTP and web servers, TCP/IP and DNS
• Deep knowledge on analysis and troubleshooting of e-Commerce, Web and Video delivery performance and quality issues and ensuring platforms availability, resiliency and scalability
• Deep knowledge in analytics and tools, like Kibana and creating dashboards for performance reporting
• Able to automate tasks through scripting, Python, node.js
• Experience reviewing source code and identifying issues
• Good knowledge on popular web front-end technologies such as: Angular, React, etc.
• Sound knowledge of one or several of the following topics: Internet video distribution, Content/Web Management Systems (i.e. WordPress, Drupal), Digital marketing tools (i.e. Ad servers, CRM, etc.)
• Strong communication and presentation skills, including delivery of advanced technical concepts to key decision makers
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Superior strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Independent and self-motivated.
• Any of the following area will be considered a significant plus:
o Experience working with broadcast or over the top video technologies
o Experience creating CI/CD pipelines and with common DevOps tools: Dockers/Kubernetes, Jenkins, Ansible, Github
o Experience on common Digital Marketing use cases (CRM notifications, AdOps, Customer Identity) and related technologies
• 5-10 years of software development and design experience
• Experience in designing distributed software architectures and front-end applications
• Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs, API management experience is desired.
• Experience in systems integration, integrating different and disparate products through extensive usage of API
• Experience designing or developing for globally distributed Internet, e-commerce or video platforms
• Experience in the design of data models, on SQL or noSQL databases
• At least 5 years of experience in one scripting or programming language.
• At least 2 years of experience working with cloud infrastructures (PaaS, IaaS, CaaS)
• At least 2 years of experience working with on a web environment
• Cloud Architect certifications/training desirable (e.g. AWS Professional, MCSA: Cloud Platform, etc.)
Education & Training
• Telecom, IT Engineering or related university degree required
• Project and process management certification desired (Agile/Scrum, PMI, Prince2)
Complexity of Work
• Requires broad-based solutions considering two of three dimensions – operational, financial and human. Analytical ability is clearly required.
• Temporary position based in Madrid, Spain
• Available to travel occasionally (10%), if required by immediate Supervisor
About Olympic Channel Services