We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Cloud Solution Administrator.
Based in Barcelona (or Pamplona) you will be responsible for the end-to-end evolution and maintenance of Openbravo Cloud Solution Offering. In your role you will collaborate in defining and implementing Openbravo Cloud Solution for the purpose of delivering best-in-class service to our Business Partners and End Customers.
The ideal candidate should bring 2+ years of relevant experience in maintenance and evolution of cloud solutions, specially related to business software.
- Warranty as a team effort 24x7x365 cloud service for Openbravo customers
- Interface with stakeholders (external and internal) in
order to determine their evolving needs and translate them to solution
- Constantly analyze Openbravo Cloud Solution performance
and configuration, note existing and anticipate future issues / risks
and propose improvements
- Research and pilot new Cloud technologies, trends, and innovative solutions.
- Participate in a definition of high, mid and micro level plans, and deliver on above requirements
- Main solution requirements to be handled are:
- Hardware and its sizing
- Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server and its configuration (DB, Application Server parameters)
- Network configuration
- Disaster recovery
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance
- Maintenance & security
- Cost-effective use of resources
- Has a MS in Computer Science,
Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent
combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in maintaining / operating cloud solution or large distributed web based systems.
- Have a systems, technological and global vision of
information systems (hardware, software, security, network,
infrastructure, telecommunications, Internet)
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Working knowledge of:
- Very good experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc. - - -- AWS Certification is a big plus
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning
- Shell scripting
- PostgreSQL or Oracle database administration (preferably PostgreSQL, knowledge of both is a huge plus)
- Tomcat (or other application server)
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup
- Server monitoring tools (for example, Munin)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (for example, AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic or others)
Excel in must haves (would really make candidates very valuable for us):
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization)
- DB Performance optimization and scalability
- Java Performance optimization and scalability
Nice to have
- RESTful web services
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously
- Good written and oral English
- High degree of curiosity about new technologies
- Is a person who is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment
- 24x7 availability in a team rotation basis
What we offer:
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.