Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 154 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 82 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737’s on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. by FY24. Ryanair has a team of over 19,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 34-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO₂ emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 EU major airlines.
Talented and passionate about technology? Looking for a new challenge? We want to hear from you! Ryanair Labs Madrid is a new digital hub in Madrid, providing services for Ryanair. We are looking for the very best IT talent to join our growing development team to transform the digital experience of our customers and advance our internal systems.
We are looking for talented Back End developers to join our new digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our applications, website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Your responsibilities as a Backend will include:
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software with unit/integration testing.
- Write end to end solutions for web-based applications, create robust high-volume production applications and develop prototypes quickly.
- Release your software with a DevOps culture through software release management techniques including continuous integration and delivery.
- Being up to date with the latest technologies and developments in the software industry.
- Learn and work with cutting edge technologies and solutions within a high performing team.
- Collaborate in an Agile fast paced development environment.
Desired skills and experience
- Proficient with practical experience in Java or other JVM languages (e.g Scala, Kotlin)
- Experience and keen interest in designing scalable distributed systems, preferably on cloud services (e.g AWS, Azure)
- Exposure to serverless architecture (e.g. Go lang) using event driven approach will be a plus
- Familiar with CQRS or Event Sourcing concepts will be a plus
- Experience with microservices architecture and RESTful services will be a plus
- Good knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, SAM, Ansible)
- Practical knowledge of web application frameworks (e.g Spring)
- Experience in reactive programming will be a plus
- Good knowledge of development tools (e.g. Maven, Gradle, Git)
- Self-standing and strong problem-solving with analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Advanced English level
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment
Our technology stack:
Java, Go, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring projects, AWS, AWS services (f.e. DynamoDB, EC2, Lambda, ElasticSearch, RDS, SQS, SNS, Cloudformation), Couchbase, MySQL, Spark, Redis, Ansible, Docker