At Santander you will enjoy #TheSantanderEffect. Here, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can do great things. We offer you the advantages and the means to contribute to the progress of more than 140 million people around the world. These are the key factors that multiply the actions of all our employees:
- Meaningful Impact - Where the effect of your work makes a difference and helps people to prosper.
- Personal and Professional Growth - The chance to develop through world-class training, challenging work, and different roles.
- Respect - Be part of an organization that cares – about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
- Co-worker quality - Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
- Global stability - Work for a solid global organization that has successfully reinvented itself many times in its 160- year history.
Would you like to be part of one of the largest transformations the World is experiencing in the past several decades? In Financial Services, consumer expectations are rising, and technological advances are enabling amazing customer experiences and new businesses not possible before. The emergence of disruptive platforms as a business model has re-shaped other industries and is poised to do the same in financial services.
At Santander Digital we embrace this change. At PagoFX we are experiencing every day the merger between bank and fintech worlds. We are on a mission to improve international financial services for individuals and SMBs around the globe. Our team members are coming from very different type of companies, including banks, tech companies such as Amazon, PayPal, Intuit or startups, and consulting backgrounds from McKinsey or BCG, among others. We believe in the power of diversity in backgrounds, nationality, gender and more. Our offices are in co-working spaces in Madrid, London and Brussels, with friendly atmosphere and informal dress code.
Santander is proud of being an organization where there are equal opportunities regardless of gender identity, culture and disability. Our mission is to contribute to help more people and business prosper.
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for the Cloud Infrastucture of One Pay FX, combining software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant the systems that underpin our international payment proposition. You will be working in a multi location agile environment, working closely with a Technical Lead, giving technical recommendations to deliver the product quickly and safely, without compromising quality. You’ll be passionate about moving One Pay FX forward and be a champion of best practices.
We need someone who help us in different fronts:
- Cooperate in shaping the Architecture for the One Pay FX Cloud
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Manage the Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, overall system health and alerting
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Manage the database and related ETLs
- Help with Devops implementation
- Pro-actively contribute to all key debates within technology for On Pay FX, and understanding the implications of technology choices for the business and customer experience, by championing a robust, consistent and market leading level of service.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of relevant Cloud Management experience, including being responsible for building and running of a set of systems supporting a 24/7, mobile customer proposition.
- Very strong skills with Google Cloud Platform
- Good skills of other Cloud systems (Azure, Amazon)
- Strong skills with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Event Bus
- Strong skills with Relational and NOSQL Databases
- Knowledge with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Fluent in English and Spanish written and spoken.
- Top notch computer and office equipment at your disposal.
Now available in the UK, PagoFX is the international money transfer backed by Santander but open to everyone, no matter who you bank with. So if you need to send money to your kids on their gap year, make payments for your property abroad or manage business payments to foreign suppliers, you can enjoy the reliablity that comes with the backing of a global bank.
Whether it’s a small or large payment, a regular transfer or a one-off, we give every customer a competitive rate – every time. We show a full cost breakdown up front, showing what you’ll pay and what your recipient gets, so no nasty surprises.
When you’re sending money abroad, you want to know it’s being looked after. Being backed by Santander means we take money and data protection seriously. It’s why we ask for identity verification before you make your first payment, ensuring that you and your money stay protected every step of the way. PagoFX is regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an authorised payment institution, protecting payments that go through the app.
We believe the best support is the one that treats you like a real person. Who better to do that than a dedicated team of real people rather than chatbots? So, if you have a question about your payment or just want a little more information our expert team is available via in-app chat or email. Getting help is now as easy as saying ‘hello’.