We’re looking for a razor-sharp Senior Cloud Engineer / DevOps, who will architect, evaluate and bring to life solutions to support the amazing experience players have come to expect when playing our games all across the globe.
What you will do
- Work closely with development teams to build the best iGaming products in the universe.
- Manage automation processes, from provisioning and inception through to day-to-day operations.
- Ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of data, database systems and all supporting services in the platform.
- Evaluate and implement solutions to improve the system efficiency, performance and availability.
- Focus on providing cloud-based systems and tools which meet the needs of an agile organisation.
We are looking for someone who
- Has real-world experience with scalable, resilient and performing systems running on AWS and is confident building systems that fully leverage. cloud-based services.
- Has a solid grasp of networking and security in virtual data centre environments.
- Considers any form of downtime a tragedy, and makes sure that all systems are up, all the time.
- Endorses a DevOps mindset to get stuff done.
- Experiments, keeps an eye out on emerging tools and technologies, in the ever-evolving digital world and tries them out.
- Speaks bash/python as a second language, and takes pride in being a Linux guru.
- Automates anything that needs to be done more than once and is familiar with defining complex setups in code with Cloudformation/Terraform.
- Has an obsession with keeping up-to-date documentation.
- Is driven, action oriented, enthusiastic, capable of solving complex technical problems in a 24x7 environment.
- Has a true and nerdy passion for application and infrastructure design & love to work with a full open source infrastructure.
Plus points for having a solid understanding of any of the following:
- Web servers, load balancers, CDNs
- Monitoring and graphing technologies
- Log aggregation (such as ELK stack or Cloudwatch)
- SaltStack or other configuration management tools
- Git-based version control
- Docker and container orchestration
- Build DevOps Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines using Jenkins (CI/CD)
DevOps at Casumo
Our mission is to deliver highly available, performant, scalable and self healing stacks using CI/CD pipelines so that our services run with zero downtime. Our mindset is to deliver the best technology stacks needed by the business. We pride ourselves on never stop improving. We research, evaluate, implement, iterate. We thrive on continuously making things better.
Casumo’s tech facts:
- We make real impact by proactively delivering top-notch systems and tooling.
- We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team.
- We are passionate about automation, monitoring, and scalable systems.
- We take pride and accountability in the systems we create and maintain.
Malta & Barcelona
Casumo is the first online adventure-based casino. Our mission is to disrupt the industry by focusing on developing a new betting experience, using gamification and slick UI to provide an unparalleled user experience. We are quite unique in what we do and how we do it and we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness.
Engineering at Casumo
At Casumo, we take pride in our Engineering culture and our Product quality and quirkiness. We have a modern engineering mindset, we move fast, experiment and apply an automated test approach. We believe every individual’s need and desire to be unique and let each developer be the main force for creating their best work environment and make impact. Our engineers collaborate as an international, distributed and highly skilled team. We highly value team spirit and a respectful environment. A humble and open mindset is essential to reach higher aims. We have active contributors to open source (Zipkin, Springboot, Axon framework); we care about knowledge sharing internally and externally, and we mean it. This is why we run internal Tech events and trainings - the latest being Axon - and encourage our staff to attend and/or speak to conferences. The sumos are making real impact by working on an unparalleled product. We explore, experiment and grow together in a small, highly-skilled, energetic and passionate team
What are we currently up to
- Development of new greenfield products using modern technologies
- Creating beautiful UI interactions driven by gestures
- Splitting the entire system into small, more cohesive subsystems and microservices
- New integrations with various game suppliers and payment providers.
Our tech stack:
- Backend side:
Java Microservices, EventSourcing, CQRS, DDD, messaging (RabbitMQ & Kafka) and Axon. Java frameworks: Spring Boot, Spring, Hibernate. Devops: Docker, Jenkins, AWS, cloud
- Frontend side:
KnockOutJS, Durandel, ReactJS, React Native, VueJS.
Check our current positions at casumo careers