lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do "whatever makes them pink".
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. We run our business in 17 languages and 40 countries, with more than 1,500 employees spread across our offices worldwide, developing our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
lastminute.com is looking for Cloud DevOps Engineer with certified experience for our Technology department based in Chiasso/Poland and Spain. DevOps will collaborate directly with software engineers and SRE in order to bring a new culture empowering functional teams to self-use the platform.
- Will be part of engineering teams working side by side with engineers and product owners to improve release management infrastructure and processes
- Improve and evolve the current Self-Service Capabilities to developers
- Actively contribute to define common processes like Cloud governance, new technologies adoption, cost management and optimisation
- Collaborate with SRE teams to increase awareness of day-to-day issues for developers and inform a reliability roadmap
- Understanding product engineering problems and where new processes and automations can improve workflows
- create a DevOps culture of communication and support between product engineering and SREs
- Collaborates with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
- Administer and provision part of infrastructure through IAC (Terraform)
- Support teams on legacy stack migrations to AWS
- Support teams on SLI/SLO/SLA definition and related implementation
- Collaborate closely with architects, developers, database administrators in order to handle the reliability and scalability of the infrastructure
- + 4 years experience as DevOps
- Strong experience and knowledge of AWS
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Experience working in microservices-based architectures
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools like Ansible and IAC tools (Terraform) and their best practices.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience using Continuous delivery and deployment tools like GitlabCI, Spinnaker or similar (CircleCI / GoCD / Github Actions …)
- Knowledge of tooling such as Helm, Gitlab CI, Terraform, Gitlab, Vault etc.
- Good Knowledge of languages like Go, Python
- Familiarity understanding of change management and incident management processes
- Experience working with product owners or product managers
- Certifications in one of above-described fields
- Good understanding of hybrid cloud architecture
- Experience in the programming language Java
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Attitude to teamwork and ability to work in multi-location teams
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave
Do you want to know more about our technologies? You can see our technological stack here*.