Paack is one of the hottest technology start-ups in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015 by three Spanish friends and, since then, the company is experienced a strong global growth and presently operates in 70 cities across four countries. All of our success is backed by a number of renowned European investors. And this is just the start.
We believe that the future of eCommerce deliveries is customer controlled time-slots, combined with a nature-positive approach to sustainability. We are on a mission to make this the new standard.
Our truly customer-centric and sustainable delivery services ensure customers receive parcels at their convenience, at a time that suits them. Our proprietary technology combined with our operational excellence enables us to deliver parcels more successfully and efficiently than ever before.
This creates unprecedented results for our retail clients through customer experience, eCommerce sales increases, loyalty and retention, thus empowering them with powerful competitive advantages whilst at the same time reducing the impact of deliveries on the environment. The best retailers in the world, such as Amazon, Inditex Group (Zara), H&M, El Corte Ingles and many more choose Paack as their exclusive partner for deliveries due to these reasons.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We are multicultural, multilingual, highly qualified, entrepreneurial and, inherently, we like to work hard. We enjoy all the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, and we face them with ambition.
The engineering team has a flat management structure. The teams are organized by products. Technical decisions are made as a team taking in the feedback and thought process of the engineers. Team members are free to move between different teams based on the feedback of their team members and status of their project.
We work from different locations across the globe in different time zones. We follow agile practices like sprint planning, daily standup and retrospectives through Slack and perform pair programming sessions and weekly engineering talks.
About the job
We are looking for senior and junior devops engineers to join our platform engineering team as the first cloud devops hires to optimize, manage and automate our cloud-native best-in-class development, staging, and production environments.
- Work with engineers to streamline and automate the Infrastructure-as-Code process.
- Assist with the automated delivery of new data sources, new cloud-native applications, new cloud-native microservices and cloud tools integrations.
- Propose new cloud features adoption.
- Be outspoken in meetings and generate new ideas for the team.
- Work with automated scripts using Terraform or similar scripting capabilities to create new Google Cloud environments.
- Well-versed in systems resilience, fail-over and disaster recovery cloud configurations.
We automate everything from development, deployment and infrastructure management. We also have an open communication channel with our users to understand their needs. We have established a culture of DevOps helps teams collaborate better and deliver reliable software faster, however there is still room for improvement.
What are we looking for?
If you’re a Google Cloud wizard, a hands-on person, a structured change agent and are looking for a new business challenge, then keep on reading…
- Knowledge of Google Cloud infrastructure & services.
- Knowledge of Google Cloud network architecture & services, of Google Cloud security services and IAM.
- Excellent Linux scripting skills.
- Solid experience in Terraform scripting, or equivalent.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, with tools like Jenkins in production environments.
- Experience of GitHub Actions a plus.
- Familiar with CI/CD best practices and management metrics.
- Experience orchestrating the build and deployment of a containerized environment.
- Proven experience of Kubernetes.
- Experience with languages such as: Python, Ruby, Go.
- Experience developing tools and interacting with Google Cloud APIs.
- Experience in version control systems such as: Git.
- Takes pride in ownership of work, e.g. effective automation of pipelines.
- Cares about improving the productivity of the other team members.
- Likes to work iteratively, start simple and scale fast.
- Ability to thrill in a fast-pace environment.
- Experience of operating at a senior level in a team of skilled technical individuals.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Persistence and dedication.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Ability to build strong and effective working relationships on an ongoing basis.
Because to lead the online market delivery revolution we need enthusiastic, energetic, and committed people. People, who also bring strong expertise in their professional area and have a learning mindset.
If you commit to bring all the above, we do commit to:
- A great project in a fast-growing start-up, which is revolutionizing last mile delivery in major European cities (London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, etc).
- A place for people to grow and build a successful career being part of a unique Team, both human and professional.
- Collaborative work environment, we are passionate about new ideas and suggestion.
- Permanent contract.
- Flexible remote work schedule.
Who will be part of your team?
Olivier Colinet (Chief Product & Technology Officer): ex-Googler and founding member of Google Cloud in EMEA
Suraj Shirvankar (Chief Technology Officer): Paack co-founder
Sound like a fit? Come and join our success. If you believe you have the capabilities to thrive in this role, then please submit your CV and any accompanying materials by completing the below.
Once we have reviewed your application and suitability, we’ll then be in touch to arrange a call as a next step. After which we’d invite you to visit us and meet the team. We thank you in advance.