YouGov is an international research data and analytics group.
We help the world’s most recognised brands, media owners and agencies to plan, activate and track better marketing activities. As pioneers of online market research, we have been building an ever-growing source of consumer data for the past twenty years. Creating the richest and most complete understanding of your customers’ complex lives. We call it living data.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do. Unlike our competitors, we understand how opinions and trends change from day-to-day, week-to-week and year-to-year. That’s why we have built a platform that gets you right to the source for reliable, accurate data that reflects the reality of a complicated world. Imagine if you could know what 17 million+ people in over 55 markets were thinking now? Or last week? And do so again and again? That’s why we’re different.
Rather than commissioned research that’s already out-of-date by the time it reaches someone’s inbox, our data is alive. So, no matter how quickly things change, our clients are always in the know.
YouGov. Living Consumer Intelligence.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
Supporting the wellbeing of our staff, including maintaining a good work and life balance, is important to us. We support flexible working arrangements where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office-and-remote working approach.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
YouGov is searching for a Cloud Architect to help with technical planning and execution for our move from our on-premises Kubernetes clusters to managed cloud services.
In this collaborative role, you will work with SRE, Engineering and Product Directors, to be collectively responsible for the planning, delivery, optimization, resilience, and availability of our core infrastructure in the cloud. You will collaborate on planning technical aspects, participate in selecting vendors and services, and help drive the adoption of best practices across all YouGov technology groups. You will work at a fast pace with autonomy, conscious of deadlines and budgets.
What you will do:
- Collaborate on setting our cloud vision and strategy, designing migration roadmaps, and gaining buy in from across different business and IT areas.
- Help us set adequate security policies, cost control mechanisms, and monitoring on our cloud environments.
- Assess our current architecture status and recommend future developments using cloud technologies.
- Provide leadership and report directly to the SRE Director and the board on our transition to cloud architecture.
- Lead cost optimization and estimation discussions.
- Coach and mentor all technical teams on best practices, strategies, and other cloud standards.
- 5+ years' work experience in a similar job role.
- Problem-solving skills with a record of refactoring legacy systems to cloud native applications.
- People skills, experience partnering with technology and product leaders in organizations.
- Strong knowledge of cloud security, a focus on protective Private and Personally Identifiable Information.
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud costs.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Experience working with fully remote multinational teams
- Experience in the market research industry (preferred but not required)
- Kubernetes knowledge and experience (50+ nodes) (preferred but not required)
- Exposure to Python web applications (preferred but not required)
This position is a 100% remote position. You'll be working with our teams across the globe, and be part of a substantial community of YouGovers based in Spain.