We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
At Uber Eats, City teams are the heart and soul of the company. These are the teams that take our global product and localize it to their market to make it successful. In this context, the Uber Eats City Manager role is a rare opportunity to build and shape the future of Uber Eats everywhere in France.
What You'll Do
- As a City Manager, you will be in charge of shaping and leading your city(ies) to success, delivering an amazing service to our users while building a financially sustainable business
- Strategy: Own your market by defining business priorities, set bold timelines to reach those goals and take financial decisions
- Lead a local team: we have local teams on the ground that will help you managing your business. That’s why we look forward to hiring optimistic leaders: developing these teams while shaping the organisation is key to our long term success.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Uber is a company that moves fast and does things at large scale. You will help design processes; whether it be prospecting, onboarding, account management, training, etc. to fuel growth and drive efficiency.
- Local Courier and Restaurant Partners Relations: Grow number of partners on the platform, manage partner development, monitor metrics, and ensure high-quality experiences on the Uber Eats system to provide the most reliable food delivery service in town.
- Product Improvement: Actively search for new features which could improve our courier and restaurant partners’ experience on Uber Eats.
- Work closely with the France Operations Team to implement new processes and products in your city
- Travel a few days per week in your own city(ies) in France to run your market, meet your biggest partners and manage your team.
What You’ll Need
- At least 2 years experience in operations management, management consulting, investment banking, strategy work in a large business, growing a startup or similar experience. Not there yet? Check out our France Junior City Manager position!
- Willingness to own a market and grow the Uber Eats business there. Weekly travel in France might be required.
- Ability to take initiative and easily adapt to constantly-changing work environment
- Willingness to be proactive and in contact with our courier and restaurant partners. Hands-on and eagerness to implement operational schemes in your own city
- A creative mindset and enjoy putting in place initiatives to solve practical issues
- Data-driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through analytical thinking
- Fluency in French is required