Adevinta is a marketplace specialist, operating digital marketplaces in 16 countries in Europe, Latin America and North Africa. Our leading local brands include Leboncoin in France, InfoJobs in Spain, Subito in Italy, Jofogás in Hungary, and Segundamano in Mexico, among many others. Adevinta’s local marketplaces thrive through global connections and networks of knowledge.
Adevinta counts more than 3000 employees, with a 1400-strong Product & Technology organisation, and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain.
You will be leading the Enterprise IT group for Adevinta. In this role, you and your team will focus on:
- Providing a consistent, secure, productive and safe IT environment for all 3000+ Adevinta employees
- Supporting the IT needs from other business functions such as HR, Finance, Legal, etc
- Designing an Office IT strategy that can translate into the various locations and campuses in Adevinta
- Providing first line of support for our employees
- Supporting due diligence and RFI/RFP activities to select vendors for IT systems and tools. The procurement function will be organized in the CFO office
- Managing external vendors providing IT services to Adevinta, including e-tech in Schibsted
In particular, the list of systems and tools under scope include:
- Collaborative tooling, which includes slack, google G-Suite, jira & confluence, github enterprise, etc
- Our video conferencing facilities, including in-room equipment and 3rd vendors
- Our HR systems (e.g. workday) and first line of support for HR function
- Our Finance systems (SAP) and first line of support
- Office networking, including WIFI
- All other entreprise tools that are provided centrally to Adevinta
- Collaborating with leadership and Executive Team to ensure that technology, policies, standards and tools effectively support the achievement of strategic business goals
- Providing technical guidance, leadership and management oversight across technology for major enterprise infrastructure projects that vary in scope and complexity
- Leading Adevinta’s multitalented Enterprise IT team in a highly dynamic and leading-edge environment covering data, application, technology, security, solution and enterprise architecture
- Build productive relationships with other Senior Management Team and Executive colleagues
- An experienced technology/infrastructure architect with demonstrable leadership experience of architecting mission-critical applications and ensuring maximum availability and scalability, capable of using innovative approaches to build cost-effective, secure, flexible technology solutions
- Systems thinking- the ability to see how parts interact with the whole picture, Knowledge of IT governance and operations
- Knowledge of working in a technology-rich environment with high levels of digital literacy
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Ability to translate organisational direction into specific team and individual job expectations, managing performance through effective monitoring, coaching, and feedback
- Previous line management experience
- You will be commercially astute, technically strong, with the ability to be effective at both strategic and operational levels and will thrive within an organisation of this size
- Able to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people will understand
- Customer service orientation
- Time management and prioritisation
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
The position will report to the CTO of Adevinta. The role is located in Barcelona.
The environment at Adevinta is fun, fast-paced, and challenging, and requires world-class technical, managerial and stakeholder management skills.
Our marketplaces help everyone and everything find new purpose. We believe every house can be home, every person has a role to play, and every object can live a second (or third, or fourth!) life – they only have to find their matching need. Our marketplaces create these matches, supporting local communities and building a sustainable future.
Just as our brands are founded on connections between people, we are a people-first organization. We create networks of talent who have matching needs across geographies and disciplines, working together toward our common purpose.
We serve people where they live, acknowledging what’s special about every culture and every place. That’s why we develop leading local brands which form an integral part of life for our users, with an average of 1.5 billion visits to our sites every month. And, thanks to the “second hand effect” of buying and selling used goods, our marketplaces promote sustainability and protect the environment by reducing greenhouse emissions.
Schibsted company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.