We are homify - the platform for Home and Living! Whether you need the right architect or simply inspiration - we offer everything that home lovers need for planning, renovating and decorating their home. More than 100.000 architects, designers and other professionals present their work on our website and acquire new business through homify. Since 2013, we expanded to more than 35 countries worldwide and we continue growing.
All countries are managed from our headquarter in Berlin, but we brought the world into our offices and built a team of more than 100 people with more than 40 different nationalities. We are working in a demanding and fast growing environment facing new challenges every day. Because we share the same goal: we want to build the premier platform for Home and Living across the globe!
Currently, we are looking for a CTO (f/m) to maintain and revamp the technology strategy,as well as to lead our international and dynamic engineering team at homify.
As a new member of the homify team, you’ll be taking care of the following tasks:
- Being responsible for all technical aspects of homify, both from a Product Development and Information Technology perspective.
- Having a proactive approach in leading and managing the daily development and deployment of the necessary technological changes and solutions.
- With affiliation to the senior management, you would be taking part in the creation of product vision and leading all aspects of technological infrastructure.
- Leading your international engineering team through mentoring and with constructive feedback. Providing the necessary support to your team in their daily work and as well as their long-term development within homify by delegating ownership and responsibilities.
- Shaping and revamping the product road map and making sure that the development goals are clear, as well as getting into hands-on coding and lots of data with rolling up your sleeves from time to time.
- Taking part in all aspects of team management for engineering department from hiring, retention, performance management to mentoring, team-building, performance evaluation talks, etc.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be highly responsible with the tech stack, design and development of our platform
More about you:
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of experience as a CTO, head of technology or similar
- 5+ years of solid technical experience with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies as software developer or engineer
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- You constantly seek to improve and optimize the product and yourself
- Strong problem solving skills in positive attitude and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Change is not a scary word for you. You thrive in organization that constantly adapt and evolve.
- Very good communication skills, fluency in English and German would be a plus
What you can expect as a new member of homify:
- Full-time position with competitive compensation package
- Demanding tasks in a fast growing company with a lot of responsibility
- Great possibilities of developing your role within the company, and leading an international team
- Multi-cultural team including flat hierarchies and open doors to share your ideas
- Health & Fun in our company clubs
- Opportunities to chose your own equipment
- Last but not least, Friday TGIF meetings where everyone will be well informed about new developments and look at our performances.
We are looking forward to hearing from you! LET’S HOMIFY TOGETHER!
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!