Stuart is revolutionising delivery in big cities through cutting edge technology that allows companies large and small to get their products to customers faster than ever.
Launched in 2015, Stuart saw rapid growth across France, the UK and Spain resulting in acquisition in March 2017 by GeoPost, one of the largest delivery companies in the world. We now move from start-up to scale-up, leveraging our platform to solve last mile urban delivery for Europe’s largest retailers, ecommerce players and delivery companies.
We’re looking for a talented for a Chief Data Officer who will play a critical role in our expansion in Europe. Your mission will be to design and implement algorithms and predictive models to drive Stuart’s growth. Based in our office in sunny Barcelona, you will be joining a growing team of successful entrepreneurs and alumni from Uber, Yahoo and BCG.
What will you do?
Working within the Data Science team in an agile environment, the candidate will move forward current projects and take new challenges spanning different areas of the company, in direct contact with the CTO and the COO of the company.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- predictive statistics for forecasting of temporal and geo-spatial data
- processing and analysis of large amounts of data to produce actionable intelligence
- streamlining of operations and processes through complex combinatorial optimization methods, deep learning solutions, etc,
- evolution of our dispatch logic together with the platform, incorporating new business requirement and user feedback
- behavior profiling and prediction to evolve simulation tools
The ideal profile understands business lexicon and translates requirements into sophisticated actionable mathematical models, knows how to manage, grow, delegate and motivate a cross-functional team.
Who are you?
- Fluent in English
- PhD in Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or similar
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Machine Learning and Data Mining
- Experience in Recommender Systems, Ranking Problems and/or Predictive Models
- Proven experience with Python, R or equivalent for statistical analysis, modeling and evaluation of algorithms and prototypes
- Proven experience with distributed systems framework such as Hadoop, PIG, Hive, Spark or equivalent big-data technologies
- Ability to define and describe problem statements and understand business requirements in an actionable manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks and problems
- Ability to work autonomously and to delegate, while being a strong team leader
What is a plus?
- Good experience in data extraction, cleansing and exploration as well as visualization techniques and tools (e.g., Kaggle challenges style)
- Research background where publications in conferences and journals as well as patents
- Very attractive compensation package including equity
- Have a real impact
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Be right there from the start of a success story
- Relaxed, fun work environment and flexible working hours
- Extras like catered lunch, gym membership, private health insurance…
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday.
If you feel like this role could be a good fit, hit the button and apply. We'd love to hear more about you.
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.