wefox is Europe’s leading InsurTech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding round of $650 million in 2021, making it the largest funding round of any InsurTech to date.
wefox is revolutionising insurance by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences, driven by data. Our vision is to enable people to be safe. By providing our customers 360 degree advice through our network of advisors, we optimise each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.
As we are now in phase two of our growth, we are looking for a Chief Architect who takes on the centralization of the architecture for the products developed for our customer. This role will be reporting to the CTO and taking on the responsability of alignment the architectural decisions with the team and the architects chapter. Centralize technological stack decisions and work with all the technical leadership to provide end to end solutions for our products.
- Lead internal product architecture with technology standards and integration standards.
- Lead external partnerships integration with integration standards and practices.
- Design and implement solutions to key problems to achieve the vision. This could include reference implementations, creating a proof of concept or embedding within teams.
- Evaluate and select technologies and programming languages that will stand the test of time and allow us to staff teams to build and support them.
- Demonstrate and exemplify Instructure Engineering values, standards and practices.
- Listen, consult, research. Then make decisions and take a stand.
- Work with product and executives to understand and influence a business strategy and support it with a technical platform strategy.
- Understand, document and communicate the current state of the Instructure Platform Architecture. Identify weaknesses and possible remedies.
- Develop, communicate, and build consensus on a future platform architecture. Make data driven, evidence-based recommendations that allow us to create a successful enduring business.
- Participate and lead internal technical communities, and potentially external communities, to drive the evolution of the platform and build a strong engineering brand.
- Lead technical component of acquisition analysis.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in technology, security, industry standards and best practices
What you bring:
- Proven ability to deliver working code on time - individually and with others.
- Experience with AWS, Services architecture and web-scale design patterns.
- Experience and expertise in the Lean-Agile principles and development methodologies.
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others by example.
- Experience in Insurance business will be considered favourably.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Business acumen that can interpret and translate business goals into technical specifications, delivering thought leadership of specific technologies and driving technology change.
- Business knowledge and interpersonal skills to build, maintain and influence relationships with senior leaders.
- Ability to articulate new insights and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to influence organizational change from an enterprise architecture perspective over a sustained period without steamrolling or frustration.
- Experience establishing a successful Enterprise Architecture program at a large firm would be preferred
- Fluency in English is required; sufficiency in Spanish or German is a plus.
- Must have a positive, can-do attitude.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them:
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible working hours including some days remote option
- 26 working days of vacation + 24th and 31st December.
- Seniority days: one day of extra holiday per employment year starting from the 2nd anniversary in the company (up to 30 days total holidays).
- Discounted fitness memberships
- Up to 50% of your public transport costs reimbursed
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
- Grants for training and coaching
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.