Please note: if you’re a recruiter or a development company, don’t waste your time contacting us. We are not interested for sure.
At Careibu we are aiming to build the best home service platform in
the world. We are looking for capable, creative people who want to help
us accomplish that goal.
Careibu is all about social care. Through our platform, we connect students to people for help at home. Our students work as babysitters, home cleaners and elderly assistants. Careibu’s Dutch community consists of 28.000+ students and 11.000+ clients. In March 2018, we will expand to the German market (Berlin). Our mission is to bring all generations in society together and provide students a social side job.
Careibu was founded in student accommodation by two sisters, Lotte and Anne van Oudheusden. Lotte and Anne have grown the business from their student rooms to a team of ten people which continues to rapidly grow. Our head office is located in Amsterdam.
*Things we are working on*
We’re still a small company with an even smaller development team. This means you will need to wear many hats in the beginning but it also means there are many interesting challenges ahead that you can specialise in if you like. Broadly we are:
– Migrating from legacy platform which has some interesting challenges
– Building new iOS & Android applications
*Our technology stack*
We still maintain a stack built in Angular 1 (web UI), PHP (backend) and MySQL (data), however we are incrementally migrating to a new technology stack based on a Golang backend with native mobile apps.
Since we develop, test, deploy and operate our systems, we do work with other technologies that automate such processes:
– GitLab for version control
– GitLab-CI for application pipelines
– Docker for component packaging
– We run in AWS and try to make the most use of their integrated services (e.g. ECS and RDS)
*You should apply if*
– The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
– You want to be involved in building a product that has a social impact
– You have experience in Golang and mobile app development
– You’re happy to work by the guidelines of Clean Code
– You have a proactive attitude and are not afraid of failing
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions about the role, team or product, please don’t hesitate to email Anne (email@example.com).