LUMICKS is looking for a passionate developer with strong software engineering skills. Together with our software team you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the advanced microscopy software for our products. You will be involved in all aspects of the software project: UX design, implementation of the architecture, hardware integration and abstraction, high performance processing, testing, issue tracking and software engineering processes.
What are my tasks & responsibilities?
As part of the software engineering team, you are flexible in taking on tasks spanning all aspects of software development. This can include:
- Designing, implementing, testing and maintaining our instrument control software
- Interfacing with new hardware, firmware development
- Working with our business developers and designers to create novel user interfaces that allow easy operation of complex instruments
- Software-related customer support, including on-site support of instrument users
- Optimizing software engineering processes
What about my skills & competencies?
We are looking for candidates that fulfill some or all of the following:
- You graduated with a BSc or MSc degree in software engineering or a related discipline, or can show equivalent professional experience
- You have a strong focus on the practical aspects of software engineering and you are aware of industry best practices
- Working experience with modern C++ (C++11 and later)
- Experience with Python and Qt is an advantage
- You enjoy working in a small and agile team and are passionate about technology
- You want to make an excellent product, like to work in a dynamic environment, and have the right getting-things-done mentality to meet occasional demanding deadlines
- You have excellent communication skills
Autonomy, ownership & responsibility
Be the leader of your own projects, and own them like no other. Whether you’re developing software or business, you are responsible for your work and the direction it goes.
With new positions opening up weekly and the company still growing exponentially, there are lots of opportunities to broaden your skill set.
Flat organization & open culture
At LUMICKS engagement is key. We try to align everyone on our dreams and strategies to unlock single-molecule and single-cell research.
Opportunities for creativity and innovation
A role within a fast-growing high-tech company
Beautiful open workspace in Amsterdam
An international work environment with 25+ different nationalities