Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Software team in our Satellite Engineering group is in charge of design, development, implementation and maintenance of the software that runs on the satellites in space, and some ground applications closely related to the satellite (communication software stack, security, etc.).
Its mission is to provide high quality software, a common software architecture, and enforce good practices among the projects that compose the satellite software ecosystem.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As an Sr. C++ software engineer you will be working in a wide range of technical issues, involving different architectures, OS and real-time constraints. You will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting the satellite’s flight software.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG)
- Develop and maintain new features for legacy and new projects.
- Take ownership of solutions.
- Participate in project plannings and definitions.
- Participate in architecture definitions.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing software on C++.
- 5+ years of experience developing software.
- OOP/OOD experience.
- Fluent in git (Gitlab is a plus)
- Proficient in C++.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies (scrum, peer review).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Intermediate English proficiency level.
What we value
- Design patterns background.
- Experience developing software on Python.
- Familiarity with Docker or containers technology.
- Knowledge of Linux like operating systems
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
Please feel free to specify your pronouns following your name on the application.
Learn more about Satellogic
Applicant Data Privacy Statement