We are looking for a highly talented software developer to join our team building the social platform for all King games reaching hundreds of millions of users.
This is a great opportunity for some one who is interested to work in the games industry, but doesn't necessarily have previous industry experience.
Your role within our Kingdom
- You will take part in implementing the social community platform which is an integral part of every King game.
- You will be working across several tech stacks implemented in C++ (mainly), supporting different game engines and platforms.
- You will write code that affect hundreds of millions of gamers all around the world. You will see some of them on the subway going to work every day :)
- You will be part of the process from idea to shipment, and add your own unique creativity as an ingredient in every King game.
- You will work in a cross functional team whose vision is to automate each and every mundane task while delivering great features.
- You will share the team’s responsibility to deliver a product that supplies great value at every phase of its life cycle in our games.
Skills to build thrills
- Have good experience of implementing high quality code in C++. If you also have experience in Java, that’s even better.
- Have previous experience of working with a version control system, we’re currently using GitHub.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the quality of the product you are developing.
- Value the look and feel of a product and have the ability to put yourself in our players’ shoes.
- Participate in our highly collaborative way of working. We talk, discuss and laugh a lot.
- Take initiatives for change or to solve a problem, you don’t sit around waiting for someone else to solve it.
- Have experience of delivering and supporting live products. In our team we are facing unusual challenges as our product reaches millions of users, and we expect you to be ready to share this responsibility.
Sweet bonus skills
- Game development experience
- Mobile App development experience
- Experience in Test Automation and Test Driven Development
- Real passion for computer games
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when crafting truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.