Position in Tres Cantos, Madrid, Spain.
We develop comms products used by thousands of developers around the world and we are hiring experienced CPP engineers to be part of the core team for our new product for Micro-Controllers: eProsima Micro XRCE DDS. This product is the middleware for Micro-ROS, the Robot Operating System for Micro-Controllers.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers with a strong focus on C/CPP technologies and real-time embedded systems. We are based in Madrid, and the key responsibilities are the maintenance, evolution, and development of our C/C products.
Our Software development team designs and develops new communication standards for embedded devices and IoT platforms, these solutions are currently used in multiple well-known high-technological areas such as Drones, Robotics or IoT devices.
Our product team works with international customers and partners, such as BOSCH, Robotis, Amazon, Renesas, OSRF, Auterion, etc.
- As a part of the Software Development team, you will work on the design and development of C and CPP applications.
- As the team is focused on real-time embedded systems, you will be required to deal with everyday issues in such environments.
- You will be working on the design and development of solutions for customers using our products.
- You will be working in a complete Open Source project, solving and responding to community issues and questions.
- As an Open Source based project, we strive for the highest code quality, and you will be expected to do so.
- You will be working directly with embedded devices and with multiple real-time operating systems.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Good English communication skills.
- 2 Years of experience in related positions or exceptional academic record
- Strong knowledge of real-time systems or embedded development.
- Strong knowledge of the insights of CPP11 and C language.
- Knowledge of communication protocols: TCP, UDP, 6LowPAN, MQTT, Bluetooth...
- Experience delivering high-performance applications.
- Experience delivering user libraries, SDKs and documentation.
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities.
- A minimum autonomy, proactivity, and self-learning are required.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
DESIRED EXTRA QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with unit testing and mock frameworks.
- Experience with version control systems, GIT.
- Experience developing and debugging on FreeRTOS, NuttX.
- Experience in continuous integration.
- ROS/ROS 2 knowledge.
- Public Open source projects.
- Robotics and IoT experience.
- Experience in Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
- Experience in Public funded projects.
- Good work schedule and home office: We leave at 16.30 M-T and have home office every Friday!
- Competitive salary (30-60K €): We are looking for the best engineers.
- International environment.