Schibsted Media Group is a global media company driven by new technology. We employ 6,900 people across 30 countries worldwide, all dedicated to helping our 250 million users discover, build and connect. Schibsted’s solid reputation of trust and security is a legacy of our 177 year history in news and publishing, but recent growth is the result of forward thinking in three separate areas: Marketplaces, Media Houses and Growth. Our pioneering digital media houses are acknowledged as world class in web TV, mobile and paid online services. And with our flourishing portfolio of rapidly expanding digital companies we are leading the fusion of established traditional media and emerging new technologies.
Our Products and Technology teams are distributed among London, Stockholm, Barcelona, Paris and Oslo. Our philosophy is built on keeping an open mind, challenging ourselves, and the status quo. The goal is to shape the future of our industry. To achieve this we recruit attitude in addition to technical skills. If you are driven, ambitious, not afraid of challenges and thrive on finding new solutions, we want to hear from you.
Our mission is to develop the common global product platforms and technology infrastructure necessary to create data and identity based ecosystems; empowering local entrepreneurs, delighting users, and driving Schibsted’s future growth. With over 250 million monthly active users under our belt, we’re able to harness huge amounts of data to provide insights on a global scale. Together with our deep local expertise, we’ve got a winning combination.
Scientists and engineers in our team work to make 700 million of user behaviour events from all around the world understandable for analysts and business users in the company, daily. This large data set is also one of the most diverse data sets in the world and we work with the latest data technologies (Spark, AWS services, Kafka).
At the same time, we also believe that our scientists and engineers are at their best when they share ideas, problems, and solutions with each other. While we work in different application areas, we support one another and push each other to constantly learn and perfect our craft.
- Together with our team of Data Engineers, develop and deploy highly scalable data integration (ETL) solutions using world-class cloud computing platforms combining large variety of data sources.
- Together with our Data Modeler, architect and design large scale data management and business analytics solutions.
- Develop or modify datasets, or specify additions or modifications necessary to meet reporting requests coming from Data Analysts and Scientists.
- Collaborate with Data Platform team to ensure correct use of our data infrastructure, datasets and tooling available.
- Substantial experience with large Data Warehouse environments and ETL processes/programming.
- Experience translating business needs into technical requirements from a tracking, reporting and analysis perspective.
- Strong SQL and analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Successful design, implementation, and deployment of multi-dimensional data models for reporting and analytics.
- Working experience with object-oriented design and programming (functional programming is a plus) and development tools like GIT.
- Experiences with BI/Analytics on NoSQL or big data systems (Hadoop, S3, Redshift, etc.).
Schibsted company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.