At Kodify we manage several high traffic web platforms developed using the latest technologies and we work hard to provide the best experience for our users.
We are looking for a passionate, business-oriented Business Intelligence Developer focused on data integration to support our Business Intelligence team. Working closely with, and reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager, you will be responsible for the successful development of our data integration and quality efforts. This includes: consulting with the data management team, reviewing the storage needs of the company, maintaining the data warehouse, extracting data from new sources, filling the new warehouse, and testing it upon completion.
Good attention to detail and sharing a taste for high-quality products are important aspects to this role.
The ideal candidate for this position will share our values, be transparent and open to giving/receiving feedback and work well with the team towards a common goal. We value respect, openness, and diversity amongst our teams.
Company-wide we are an international team of about 120 with 16 different nationalities, spread around the world in our different office locations: Barcelona, Altea, Montréal, Los Angeles and several other European countries for the team that works remotely.
- Consulting with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data storage and processing needs.
- Presenting the company with data warehousing adaptations based on their storage needs.
- Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Extracting company data and transferring it into the warehousing environment.
- Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Providing maintenance support.
- Complete fluency in English is an absolute must.
- You’re a real team player. You love to help and find solutions together.
- Your sense of humour will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- You can think on your feet and adapt well to fast-changing environments and priorities.
- You are passionate about online products and businesses.
- You love working in a diverse and international environment.
- You have a real ‘Can Do’ work ethic - We are results-based, not clock based!
- Competitive salary.
- Permanent employment contract.
- Latest tech equipment: whatever boosts your productivity!
- Private health insurance
- Ticket Restaurant.
- Core hours with flexitime + half day Fridays!
- 23 days of vacation and a half day off on your birthday.
- 10% of your salary extra for training and conferences of your choice!
- Company Amazon book account.
- Fresh organic fruit, snacks, and drinks.
- Company-wide off-site events (Oporto in 2019, Ibiza in 2018, Mallorca in 2017)
- Free snacks and beverages!
- BBQ on the terrace!
- Awesome offices & locations: Barcelona, Altea, Montreal & LA!
Miss something from this list? Let us know and maybe we’ll add it!
If you think you have what it takes and are looking for a company where you can have lots of fun while doing amazing work- we are made for you!
Desired experience/skill set:
- Proven working experience as a data engineer, reporting analyst, or business analyst.
- Technical expertise on ETL deployments: Talend, Kettle, etc.
- Strong knowledge of PostgreSQL and MySQL databases querying and optimization.
- Strong knowledge of MongoDB querying.
- Experience with querying and integrating Web Services and APIs.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Knowledge of data visualization tools is desired: Qlik, PowerBI, or Tableau.
- Be an amazing team player that the team can rely on.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated team player with the ability to interact effectively with different team cultures.
- Excellent communicator and facilitator with good spoken, written and presentation skills.
Nice to have:
- A strong technical, business or data science education.
- Experience on video content platforms and high traffic websites.
- Analytical Skills: you will work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions.
- Communication Skills: you will be often called to present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: you will look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You will have to make sure you are vigilant in your analysis to come to the correct conclusion.
All of this doesn’t happen without a healthy portion of fun & perks – Kodifiers also have an uncanny ability to enjoy themselves! Whether it be company BBQs on our fantastic terrace to yearly company off-sites (Ibiza in 2017, Mallorca in 2016), we make sure that we embrace our motto “Work Hard, Play Harder”. Our people have one of the best working environments possible, are encouraged to continuously learn and grow and achieve their maximum potential.
Some of our perks include:
- Competitive salary
- Permanent employment contract
- Latest tech equipment: choose whatever boosts your productivity!
- Core hours with flexitime: work when you’re at your most creative!
- 10% extra for training and development budget
- Agile environment
- Private Health Insurance
- Free lunches!
- Company Amazon book account
- Half day off on your birthday
- Fresh organic fruit, snacks, coffee, drinks etc.
- Kodify off-sites abroad, fun events and regular team activities!
- Awesome offices and locations: Barcelona, Los Angeles, Altea, and Montreal!
- BBQ on a terrace
And most importantly.. our amazing team!
Miss something from this list? Let us know and maybe we’ll add it! Want to join the team? Good news: We're hiring!