We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst, with strong experience in Tableau and Advanced Microsoft Excel, to join our Data Reports Team, based in our Madrid office. You will be participating in the design, development, and maintenance of enterprise BI solutions as well as providing reports to stakeholders and colleagues in the company.
Your passion for creating powerful and visually aesthetic dashboards will be critical to your success in helping our team continually deliver new and innovative BI solutions. You must be very proactive with excellent analytical skills in BI solutions and have the desire and ability to learn and get things done in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions
· Design, develop, and maintain dashboards, as well as define and implement KPIs based on end-user specifications.
· Design and develop reports for analyzing core business activity, focusing on operational metrics and KPIs.
· Extract insights and actionable recommendations with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions for decision making and key strategic initiatives.
· Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical techniques, and algorithms to create new, scalable solutions for business problems by analyzing large data sets.
· Explore data to find patterns, provide forecasts, and build predictive models for improving business processes.
· Identify, analyze, and translate data trends or patterns into a highly-visual and easily-digestible formats.
· Analyze complex data to determine correlation and data integrity issues.
· Work with business users, software and data engineers, and database and system administrators to ensure enterprise BI solutions are reliable, scalable, flexible, and low maintenance.
· Continually evaluate new technologies and keep up-to-date with current technology enhancements to meet current and future business intelligence, reporting, and application development need
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- University degree in the field of Computer Science, Business Administration, or any equivalent professional experience.
- Good understanding of data science.
- At least three years of experience using Tableau - other data visualization and reporting tools such as SSRS, Power BI are a plus.
- Experience in delivering complex reporting and analysis from multiple data sources.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel related to data analysis and manipulation.
- Strong T-SQL knowledge.
- Experience with Microsoft development tools, such as Visual Studio is a strong plus.
- Work experience with SQL Server (SSAS, SSIS, SSRS) is a strong plus.
- Exposure to statistical analysis or machine learning tools and libraries such as R and Python is a strong plus.
General Skills and abilities
- Ability to solve problems using a balance of technical competence, creativity, and pragmatism.
- Highly detail-oriented and a keen eye for accuracy.
- Well-developed time-management skills.
- Highly-motivated, self-directed and able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies in small development teams as well as ability to multitask while working independently or on a team with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Good command of the English language
- Good interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 leave days.
- Great work-life balance.
- An office in an awesome location.
- Fresh fruit, snacks and coffee.
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
How to apply
Please submit your application in English.
Applicants must be Spanish or EU citizen, or have a valid Spanish work permit.
Agencies must first contact firstname.lastname@example.org and confirm agreement to our T&C’s, failing which any exclusivity and/or candidate representation right will be considered to be waived.