letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 30 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We’re looking for a Senior BI Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team. You’ll work together with all departments (Product, Marketing, Content, Finance...) in order to build a data-driven culture and improve our performance. You’re excited to switch between working together with marketing to set up their attribution tracking systems one day, while structuring the product analytics team the next, and advising on a global expansion strategy on the other. You’re intimately familiar with the technical side of business intelligence work, but at the same time are able to think on a company-wide, strategic level. No legacy systems or ancient database products here: we’re working with the latest (mobile) technologies such as Amplitude and Redshift. And of course, you’ll have full say over the tools you want the company to use. letgo’s goal is to become the number 1 mobile classifieds company in the world, and your job is to make sure we’re making the smartest choices we can, backed by data at all times.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
Your mission will be to:
- Understand the business needs and produce insightful analyses for several internal squads
- Act as an internal consultant to translate business questions into insights
- Build robust relationships with key business stakeholders
- Help colleagues to access to the right data and understand what it reveals
To get there, you'll need:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably at an internet/mobile company (experience with Amplitude is a plus)
- Experience with working both with technical and analytical profiles
- Degree ideally in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree or Economics/Business
- Knowledge of SQL, Data Modelling, Python and/or R
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Proven track record of defining and executing key analysis with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to create a hypothesis, collect data to either support or disprove the hypothesis and recommend solutions to help move a metric
- Experience in dealing directly with product owners is a big plus
- The ability to data mine across a large and varied business area or key priority for the company
- Very strong communicator, in writing and verbally
- Generous benefits package
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office along the beach in Barcelona
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.