Softonic publishes Softonic.com, the leading global software and app discovery destination, offering the most complete selection of software and apps across hundreds of categories.
Softonic is the European company with one of the largest online audiences, and currently holds 40th position worldwide with more than 100 million unique monthly users who generate more than 4 million daily downloads on Softonic.com.
About the position
Softonic is looking for an experienced Business Development Analyst to support the growth of our company.
The Analyst will report into the VP Strategy and Business development.
The Business Development analyst is responsible for contributing to our organization's growth through external strategic partnerships and deals (M&A) by supporting management on these processes from origination to execution.
The analyst will be responsible for leading significant business and financial analyses, and supporting relationship management.
Business and Financial Analyses (60%)
You will conduct research on market insights, industry trends, competing organizations, business opportunities, new technologies and more. This must be done on a regular basis in order to: (i) stay caught up on recent industry developments, (ii) feed our corporate strategy, and (iii) update and develop the pipeline of potential strategic partners/M&A targets.
You will support the complete due diligence of identified candidates, in coordination with other teams.
You will perform financial modeling to define business opportunities (valuation and synergies), in coordination with business and finance teams.
You will manage multiple aspects of day-to-day transaction execution.
Relationship Management Support (40%)
You will develop written internal and external pitch materials.
You will organize and participate in regular calls with current and prospective partners and targets.
You will initiate and develop pipeline candidate relationships. This will require regular travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or finance, and minimum 2 years of relevant work experience (relevant financial analysis or M&A experience; consultancy, investment banking or private equity background).
- Strong understanding, background and connections in tech startups and small sized companies (less than 100M Revenues).
- Strong analytical orientation, financial modeling, valuation, analytical, problem-solving. Expertise database management tools including MS Excel.
- Strong ability to attentively review, assess, and provide detailed information daily on multiple projects in an organized manner.
- Must be capable of producing high quality work products independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); able to interface with top level executives internally and externally.