We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
As a Business Analyst in Marketing, you will work with our website tracking data, finding ways to understand and improve our offline sales funnel and making sure we keep up with our customer retention and satisfaction metrics.
In this role you will:
- Work with data sets that are waiting to be organised and analysed.
- Put your slick analytics skills to use, liaising across multiple teams (i.e. Marketing and Customer Acquisition) to understand relevance of metrics across the business and prioritising information requests.
- Implementing and maintaining the analytical toolset; defining and monitoring KPIs; generating internal management reports; and driving the scaling and automation of business processes.
- Update existing dashboards when data structure is changed.
- Give feedback to our tech department on new features necessary for growth and improvement of existing ones.
- Train team members on how to use our data tools more efficiently.
- Build new features and dashboards, and keep learning and improving your skills. And occasionally surprise the team with some cool new finding!
What can you expect?
- You’ll be working in a fast-paced and motivated environment which fosters high speed of execution to see the direct impact of your work!
- Flexibility! Though our technology stack is built on Rails, Node.js, and Ember.js, we’re more concerned with your ability to solve problems, self-motivate and learn new skills than what specific languages and frameworks you know.
- We’re solving exciting problems around pricing homes on Airbnb, scheduling and route optimisation of our frontline operations team around town and communicating seamlessly with them.
- To focus on the bigger picture, not just the dots (or, 1s and 0s). While you should be detail-oriented, you should also have a keen understanding of customer needs and strive to fulfil them at every turn.
- To become part of a close-knit, hard-working team – you’ll need to be able to collaborate with the wider Hostmaker family as well as you can chat code with other devs.
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Subsidised Gym membership and discounted outdoor activity packages
- Mentor Monday - expert speakers from the start-up scene come and share their experiences