Hosco is looking for a Business Analyst to be based in its Barcelona office!
A unique chance to join one of the most exciting startups in Europe disrupting the recruiting space in one of the fastest growing industries.
About Hosco – hospitality connection:
Hosco is the world's leading hospitality network bringing together the industry's top players and the best hospitality talents into one place.
A Swiss company launched in October 2011, Hosco is designed to improve the way hospitality talents, employers and schools meet and interact globally.
Hosco has experienced over 100% YoY growth since 2015 in users, traffic and revenue.
We have raised over 6mm EUR to date, both from business angels and from Venture Capital firms based in London and Barcelona.
The Hosco team is now composed of 53 talented individuals based in Geneva, Barcelona and Dubaï. The company has plans to open offices in the US and Asia and reach 150 staff in the next 24 months.
Your role in Hosco:
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will support and help our understanding of performance across all departments, visualising the most relevant data with absolute clarity through reports and dashboards.
You will play a key role in implementing business intelligence solutions from the ground up. Once these solutions are in place you will lead cross-departmental reporting: identifying performance drivers by pulling key metrics from our over 230k hospitality talents, 2k hospitality employers, and 170 partner hospitality schools, and turning them into actionable insights that enable business decisions.
The perfect addition to our team is a solution-driven, insightful, “can do” performer who loves data, stats, and informed decision making.
The position will require you to:
● Lead development and optimization of reports, dashboards and tools to manage the business, from the ground up
● Participate in the strategy definition and in the development of new initiatives, from conceptualization to implementation and execution
● Work closely with all teams to source data to support initiatives and prioritise projects
● Work with leads to define segmented tests and report results
● Support PR initiatives by finding and sharing insights unique to our audience and industry
● Support management in providing current and prospective investors with first-class reporting
(important support role in next round(s) of financing)
Skills that are a must:
● 2-4 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in management consulting, digital marketing, ecommerce, or online marketplaces
● Strong education background in mathematics, statistics, engineering or business (Master’s or PhD is a plus)
● Solid experience with SQL- you will be working directly with our database.
● Solid experience with business intelligence and visualisation tools; both in setup and to achieve goals (Google Analytics, Amplitude, or similar)
● Analytical and problem-solver mindset
● Capacity to define actionable business recommendations from solid analysis
● Excellent reporting skills
● Team player, hands on and “can do” attitude
● Fluency in English
● Good sense of humour!
Perks of Working at Hosco
● International office of young, yet very professional people to learn from – We are from France, Spain, Venezuela, Switzerland, Cyprus, Japan, Argentina, Italy... the list goes on!
● Twice a month we throw an office lunch, from pizza to raclette, on our sunny terrace
● We hold ping pong tournaments, or football table if you prefer, so you better come ready to play!
● We have weekly group fitness classes. Be prepared to sweat and have fun!
Helping the community in need. Every week we prepare and deliver food to a Barcelona home shelter