We are looking for a curious and super-talented Build & Configuration Engineer to discover new and exciting means to continue our roaring success.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Build and Configuration Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the systems and tools necessary to have robust and efficient continuous builds for our teams, who build both games and systems for internal use. We are continously improving our ways of working, and you will take part in setting standards, guide and support developers on how to use our common development infrastructure.
The development teams each own and write their own builds, but need your expertise and help to make sure the tools and systems are used consistently, optimally and keep up as technology evolves. As an expert in build systems, automation, source control, versioning, continuous integration and rapid deployment, you will be their partner in choosing and using the right tool for the right job, working very closely with the development teams and operations, while keeping in mind the big picture of the long term goal keeping the build and release good practices of different location across the Kingdom.
The overall technology stack is common across studios. We envision that all source code ever produced by any team within the Kingdom should be available to anyone with just a simple command. The teams work in an agile development methodology and we value our fast-paced environment and flexible approach. The teams are allocated to different Business Units but belong to a common functional division – Development. We build our games in different technologies depending on the target platform.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience working closely with development teams to design and implement shared build systems - we believe in a “DevOps” approach and work in a fast-paced, agile environment using Kanban or Scrum techniques
- Experience using Jenkins, Artifactory, Gradle, Maven, and Ant that compiles code in Java, C++ and HTML 5 for building build game backends and Android and iOS apps
- Setting up and running Continuous integration/Delivery systems using Jenkins implementing information radiators, notifications on broken builds and automated tests
- Planning repository organisation and branch scheme using multiple source control systems like git, Mercurial, SVN and Perforce
- Setting up monitoring and alerting systems to ensure that any issues in the Continuous Integration environments are identified and resolved as quickly as possible.
- Proficient using configuration management tools like Puppet or Ansible to manage and deploy on Linux, Windows and Mac OS systems
Experience building build pipelines, Configuration as Code with DSL, Docker and Elastic computing is a plus
- A desire to experiment, learn and innovate to continuously improve the way of working in the engineering systems team
- A team player who can coach and support teams when setting up and using CI, release management and build systems
We’re knights of creativity
We believe that great games are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with and instant feedback from the player community, enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity.
Want to get treated like royalty?
Join our kingdom now, application must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity
and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!