Clearmatics is an established blockchain R&D company in London, UK. We have good ties to the Open Source / Ethereum community, our Lead Engineer works closely with the Ethereum Foundation, and the company is an EEA Member. We're funded and have revenue, so we won't be doing any ICOs. We're looking to hire multiple senior engineers to expand our team. Our stack is Ethereum-like so familiarity and passion with the space is key.
Some of the areas we tackle include scalability through cryptography (zkSNARKs, multiparty computation, private transactions/assets), protocol design (e.g. proof relays/pegs), formally verified smart contracts, and type-safe & performant distributed virtual machine architectures.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of unknowns and enjoy working with others to problem solve and break new ground. You should have more than a passing interest in the Ethereum or cryptocurrency space, with contributions to Open Source Projects being a distinct plus. You should be able to reason about technical problems, argue thoughtfully and contribute in a team setting. If you want rock star or ninja in your job title then this isn't the right job for you.
We have a lot of hard problems to solve. If you'd like to make significant contributions to the blockchain ecosystem and think you are a match then we'd like to hear from you.
- Good grasp of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithmic complexity, etc)
- Experience in strongly typed languages (C/C++, Golang, Scala, Rust)
- Demonstrable interest in Ethereum / the cryptocurrency space
- Comfortable working in a new field
- Experience with network and concurrent programming
- Willingness to work on research projects and brainstorm solutions with team
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer
Nice to have
- Practical understanding of cryptography and theoretical information security
- Golang experience
- Involved in the cryptocurrency community
- Contributions to open source projects in the space (dapps/geth/etc)