Founded in 2006 by 4 Microsoft MVPs, Plain Concepts was created to help companies adopt new technologies aimed at improving their productivity and processes. Our team is made of people passionate about technology who loves helping our clients with their technological challenges. We enjoy sharing our knowledge with them, especially when it comes to the latest innovations.
What we do
We offers customized, innovative and attractive solutions for all types of digital needs. We also provide training and workshops always with the latest technologies (including beta versions). We are highly specialized in Microsoft technologies, although not all of our ecosystem is limited to it.
Our tech team is guided by a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement, keen to learn and motivated self-starter who loves a challenge. We encourage our teams to be involved on the decision making process of their projects.
We are looking for our next Big Data Engineer who wants to continue his professional career in a data-driven team based on Barcelona (actually working remotly).
Be a part of a team where you will:
- Design Data Lake architectures.
- Perform ETL implementations with Spark.
- Big Data processing with Azure Databricks.
- Participate in the development of a cloud Data Warehouse.
- Build scalable data pipelines using different technologies: airflow, data factory...
- Provide technical consultancy support to the business development department to improve the digitalisation processes. You will also be able to collaborate in the development of innovation projects.
- At least 2+ years of software/data engineering experience.
- Strong experience in developing Python or Scala-based Spark Data processing pipeline for large data set of data integration in Cloud environments (we work mostly with Azure).
- Professional experience building ETLs in Spark (batch and/or streaming).
- Working experience creating complex data pipelines (CI/CD).
- Knowledge on SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Working experience with Azure or any other cloud platform.
- Experience with Databricks, Data Lake, AKS.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with different office teams globally.
- Team player.
Our goal is to create a company where employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best, and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace and a competitive salary, we are offering:
- Being part of an agile and international team
- Being part of one of the Best Place to Work companies
- Continuous training
- Latest technological tools
- Flexible working hours
Plain Concepts is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Plain Concepts
Specialists in disruptive developments in Artificial Intelligence, Mixed Reality, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT and Cloud, the mission of Plain Concepts is to offer customized, innovative and attractive solutions for all types of digital needs, always incorporating the latest available technology.
Awarded in 2016 as Microsoft Partner of the Year, we currently have over 300 employees, reaching a milestone in the technology sector by having 12 professionals recognized as Microsoft MVPs and more than a dozen certifications at the business level.
With presence in USA, UAE, UK, Spain, Germany and the Netherlands, we have developed more than 2000 projects for companies belonging to all types of sectors such as BBVA, Microsoft, Acciona, Infojobs Brazil, Repsol, EDP, Telefónica, Asisa, Aenor, GroupM or IE.
Plain Concepts is a Microsoft Gold Partner, Microsoft AI Partner, Microsoft Mixed Reality Partner in Europe and the USA, the only one in Spain, and has been recognized as Best Place to Work for two consecutive years.