We’re looking for an experienced big data developer who wants to become part of our engineering team and help us grow and evolve our big data platform. The candidate should be a team player and be passionate about solving complex problems using the tools that big data offer.
Your responsibilities are:
- Design and develop processes and algorithms to ingest and process large amounts of data
- Collaborate on architectural decisions driving platform evolution
- Work closely with other engineers, data-scientists and product owners to define algorithms and software specifications
- Interact with BI engineers to investigate and implement best techniques to expose data
- Prototype and test new big data technologies and ideas
To succeed in this position, you will have a proven track record and:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer sciences or equivalent experience, brilliant academic record a plus
- At least 3 years experience as a Java developer
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop / YARN
- At least 1 year of experience with one NoSQL database, like HBase or Cassandra
- Experience as a back-end developer (Java EE, Spring)
- Experience with Storm, Kafka and/or Spark are a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- Results and quality oriented, with good collaboration skills
- Familiar with agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Fluent in Spanish and English
We offer you:
- A lot of fun in a young and dynamic environment.
- Opportunities to grow inside a revolutionary company.
- Flexible work schedule to balance your professional and personal life.
- 25 holidays per year.
- Fridays afternoon off.
- Afternoons off in July & August.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Beer day once a month!