Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with 12 brands that offer services in more than 1000 cities around the world. In eight of our markets we are the number one mobile app. With hundreds of millions unique visitors per month delivering billions of page views, our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Our central product and tech organization services all our markets by providing key capabilities & services which are demonstrated by all of our sites. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our environment.
What you can expect from us:
- A harmonious, informal, international and playful work environment
- Work with cool modern technologies, processes and consumer facing products
- Access to tools and resources to do your job
- Ability to join multiple internal interest groups in eBay in trending topics like Data Science, Mobile Development, Customer Experience and more
- Continuous Deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work
- Being part of the eBay family, a company with a history and great potential
Now we are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer with proven track-record in translating data to business value to join the world’s leading online classifieds business.
Given the pace the industry is moving we are constantly rethinking adapting our approach to using data to deliver compelling user experiences leveraging recent advancements in technology.
You will be part of our central data team, working with highly skilled engineers and scientists to help deliver our strategy around leveraging Big Data and advanced Data Science techniques to transform our business across the globe.
- Apply machine learning and advanced statistics on a global scale to design and implement models and algorithms that solve real-world business problems like customer segmentation, channel attribution, marketing performance and yield optimization
- Work closely together with global tech and product teams to develop new ideas, test them and measure success.
- Translate complex and sometimes ambiguous data and insights into concise and actionable recommendations.
- 5+ years of professional experience in big data engineering or an adjacent field with an established track record of making things that work
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar field a plus
- Experience with one of the high-level languages – at least one of them: java, scala, python
- Hands-on experience with big-data eco-system – at least one of them: Hadoop, map/reduce, yarn, apache spark, kafka, flink, storm
- Knowledge of event-driven design
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Proactive, curious and self-motivated
- Fluency in English and great communication skills and ability to concisely and to-the-point deliver recommendations & proposals
- Preferred experience with cloud computing environments – (amazon ec2, google cloud, azure)
- Experience with data visualization tools – (d3, google charts, tableau)
- Some experience with machine learning models