We are Shedd, and we are trying to help the world make better use of its possessions. We see the biggest opportunity right now in the fashion segment, where; globalization, increased dispensable income in emerging markets, social media obsession, and and fast fashion are creating consumerism that is spiraling out of control.
We know that over 50% of the average woman’s wardrobe space is made up of unworn or once-worn items in perfect condition. We think this is a huge waste.
So Shedd created a fashion marketplace enabling people to be creative and experimental – but in a more sustainable way. Promoting the buy.wear.shedd. mentality.
A young and hungry company with a global footprint, backed by dubizzle and Naspers – Shedd is an exciting place to work. We are aggressively expanding into new markets, and are still agile enough to test and iterate design systems with pace (as a start-up would), whilst benefiting from the backing and experience of a global powerhouse, to scale quickly
At Shedd, we believe data should be at the heart of everything we do. As BI Manager you’ll responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Shedd’s business intelligence architecture, technology stack and its underlying processes so that everyone at Shedd can work with, and extract insights from our data.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement robust data infrastructure
- Create and promote the use of a self-service data mart
- Drive data-centricity throughout every business unit
- Ensure high levels of data accuracy through detailed and structured processes
- Hold continuous conversations with business users and source system owners to derive business and data rules to for data quality assessments
- Design and develop a performance marketing data model that will serve as the key decision making tools for marketeers
- Develop, manage, and validate existing data models including logical and physical models of the data warehouse and source systems.
Knowledge & Experience
- 3 + years of experience in the design and development of Enterprise Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence systems
- Experience in data analysis, problem solving, data modeling and design specific in petabyte scale data warehouse, as well as a strong business understanding
- Experience in data architecture, data warehousing, master data management, enterprise information integration and ETL
- Experience with the design of large scale ETL solutions integrating multiple source systems in a global multinational environment
- University degree in Computer science, Mathematics or a comparable field
- Ability to lead and grow teams
- Focus on detail and accuracy with strong documentation skills
- Experience in online companies is a big plus
- Ability to perform in a fast-changing high growth environment
- 80/20 when possible, 100/100 when needed
- Top of class in engineering or another numeric MSc.
- Highly skilled in SQL
- Skills in Python, R, Matlab or similar tools
- Fluent in English
Nice to haves
- Experience with non-relational database (MongoDB, Hadoop)
- Experience with tracking tools (Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Adjust)
- Experience in online companies
- Previous exposure to machine learning or data science applications
- Fast and thorough.
- Natural and effective communicator.
- Not afraid to go swimming in data.
- A 5* attitude, ready to punch above your weight, whist getting those hands dirty.
Who needs an Excuse:
- Let your individuality shine.
- Strive to be a part of community.
- Always be informed.
- Be fast and aggressive.
- Constantly challenge your assumptions.
- Strive to simplify.