We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers. New stars are born here, so don’t miss your chance.
This is our role BI Developer for those who want to turn ideas into reality and participate in improving Semrush analytics tools.
Tasks in the role
Contributing to the development of data visualization standards in Tableau.
Maintaining existing dashboards in terms of data quality
Promoting self-service analytics by giving demos and training end-users
Assisting users in finding answers to their questions using Tableau tools
Participating in the improvement of Semrush analytical tools, allowing the company to solve its business-critical issues faster
Who we are looking for
- BI Analyst/BI Developer who can assist us in dashboard development while applying the best UX/UI principles of data visualization and dashboard design.
- Developing user-friendly and impactful management reports.
- Supporting Core BI Team activities such as content management and implementing the best UX/UI practices.
- Assisting analysts with work in Tableau and dashboard design.
- Gathering requirements for effective reporting.
They say there are no perfect candidates, but that might well be you, if you have;
- A portfolio on Tableau Public.
- Tableau certification.
- Familiarity with the works of well-known data visualization authors such as Edward Tufte, Alberto Cairo, Stephen Few, Tamara Munzner, or Cole Nussbaumer Knaflic; any form of design experience.
- Enjoy visualizing data and be adept at creating charts using best data visualization practices.
- Experience working with Tableau and be capable of designing complex dashboards that fulfill user needs.
- Proficiency in SQL and capable of preparing data sources for dashboards.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and gather requirements for tasks.
- Experience standardizing reports.
- Experience interacting with end-users.
- Good understanding of code tracking and delivery.
A bit about the team
You can get to know the team better at one of the interviews, but some brief information about future colleagues will be useful now.
You will be working in the Infrastructure team inside the BI function. Your direct colleagues are mainly BI developers, data engineers and QA engineers.
Examples of tasks
- Gather requirements and create a dashboard for a new tool to track main metrics;
- Handling BI ad-hoc requests from colleagues in other teams like adding flyers to the dashboard, changing data sources.
- Help other analysts to solve Tableau tasks “how to”.
Tools and technologies we use:
- Tableau for visualization;
- Google Cloud Platform (Google BigQuery as DWH, Compute Engine for servers);
- Python, R, SQL;
- Gitlab + Airflow for code versioning and CI/CD.
- We are open to learning and adopting new technologies.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- This is a “work-from-office” role, but you have flexibility to #wfh for various reasons.
- Flexible working day start.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Working from a modern coworking space (or working from home).
- Internet coverage (up to 30 eur/month).
- Corporate events.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Hobby benefit.
- Training, courses, conferences.
- English and Spanish courses.
- Gifts for employees.
Finally, a little more about our company
We’ve been developing our product for 15 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.