GYMONDO is the leading online fitness and nutrition platform in Germany on the launchpad to international markets. Our mission is to make world-class fitness courses and healthy nutrition available to everyone, everywhere. We are building state of the art web and mobile products and strive for outstanding design and user experience. Join our passionate team and become a part of our success story!
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer with good knowledge of
the AWS infrastructure to join our team and help us developing and
maintaining mission critical backend services to achieve our next big
We are using the AWS cloud to host our java based service architecture. Key technologies we are depending on are Java/Spring, Node.js, Python, Docker, Chef, ElasticSearch and more.
What you can expect in this role
• You are a member of a professional, interdisciplinary and highly skilled backend and operations team.
• The team is deciding on the tech stack together
• You will maintain and improve our backend code and infrastructure together with the System Architect and the Backend and Operations Team.
• You will use and improve the system monitoring (with NewRelic, Kibana and your ideas)
• You will engineer and test and maintain the video delivery system
Your essential experience and education
• You have 3+ years of experience in writing cloud-native applications based on Java languages. (We are using Java8 with Spring)
• You have 2+ years of experience with the AWS tech stack (ELB, EC2, RDS, lambdas…)
• You deeply understand the underlying and surrounding technologies such as continuous integration / delivery, containers, linux, networking stack and configuration management systems
• You are a fan of continuous learning and you share skills all the time
• You think critically and are prepared to challenge the status quo in a constructive way and guide your decisions by business value
• You are fluent in English. German skills are a plus.
What's in it for you?
• See your work transforming into a fascinating product that people love to use
• Dynamic & international team that strives for a great product together
• Flexible working hours
• Modern working environment in Berlin Mitte
• We belief in self-organization and intrinsic motivation.
Health & Fitness