We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our growing team in charge of the Integrations offering of our New Relic Infrastructure product.
At New Relic, you will work with some of the best engineers and tackle some of the most complex problems in the industry. As a member of Barcelona team, you will help shape and grow our European development center. We’re a fast-growing software company that cares about our culture. We value work/life balance, personal respect, code ownership by engineers, and experimentation. If all this sounds like your dream job, read on.
- You have experience in Go, Python, Java, C# or Ruby programming languages
- You have experience in developing, shipping and maintaining on-host installed software.
- You have built highly reliable and lightweight but performing software (e.g. kernel modules, drivers)
- You are very interested in learning new languages, platforms, and ideas
- You are passionate about the whole stack a complex modern application requires
- You have any experience in Windows platform
- You have any experience consuming REST APIs, which will be a great plus for this role, although not mandatory.
- You have any experience in multi-threaded and asynchronous programming
- You understand the value that building and testing automation bring to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects.
- Quality is really important to you and Unit, Integration, and Acceptance testing is a normal part of your engineering workflow
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to share code ownership
- You have great team player skills
- You communicate easily in English
- You have the right to work in Spain (EEA, http://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/).
To apply please provide a cover letter telling us who you are and why this job is right for you, along with a resume that includes links to things you’re proud to have built!
- Competitive salary
- Equity compensation plan
- Performance reviews twice a year
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule
- Amazing and fun work environment
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage
- English and Spanish language classes
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks…) to keep you healthy and comfy
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages
- We support technical meetups, both local and international
- We help with relocation
A little about us:
New Relic is a leading digital intelligence company, delivering full-stack visibility and analytics with more than 15,000 paid business accounts. The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides actionable insights to drive digital business results. Companies of all sizes trust New Relic to monitor application and infrastructure performance so they can quickly resolve issues, and improve digital customer experiences. Learn more at newrelic.com.
We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a startup within a NYSE company where the entire office fits around the lunch table. We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
Very interested but not sure if you’re the right fit? Don’t be shy, click on the link below to send your resume with a cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
New Relic is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, individuals with disabilities, age, sexual orientation, protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
About New Relic
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!