You will contribute to a big data Machine Learning platform to automate ad-creation, management and bidding for one of Europe's largest online marketing budgets. You will work in a cross-functional team with product managers, data scientists and data engineers to bring marketing to the next level.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Drive the development of our internal systems, ensuring efficient and user-friendly tooling. You will also be responsible of shaping a scalable and performant architecture of the internal systems that you will be working on.
- Decide together with your team on technical frameworks being used and have the opportunity to implement best practices whilst the team is growing.
- End to end responsibility of all of your projects and will focus on building scalable and cloud ready software solutions in our AWS and API-first tech environment.
- Be part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with Python, Scala or Java and relational databases. You understand the properties of large scale distributed systems and have proven experience as a back-end developer.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture and RESTful APIs, particularly using a cloud infrastructure such as AWS.
- Experience or knowledge in development with Angular or React and NoSQL databases is a plus.
- Motivated to make a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing. Write clean, modular, well-annotated code that will make it easier to maintain, update, and scale.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Personalized Marketing is a new department with the mission to create a data-driven, automated and personalized digital marketing for Zalando.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.