Uber Engineering is growing quickly as we look to tackle some exciting opportunities at scale and in challenging regions around the world. As we grow our engineering team, the need to have a reliable, scalable continuous integration infrastructure is paramount for Uber to continue to deliver a high quality application to our millions of users around the world. To support these ambitions, the mobile developer productivity team is looking for talented, experienced backend engineers that can help us build the next generation of our continuous integration infrastructure and services.
Our current set of services and infrastructure runs tens of thousands of build and validation jobs a day however our growth trajectory means that this number will grow quite rapidly. The next set of services we build will not only provide scalability for the future but enable our engineers to understand and diagnose the state of the system rapidly and efficiently. You will be working alongside other groups within the organisation as well as a design team to ensure that we are building the smartest and most efficient systems that enable rapid development of features for our mobile engineering workforce.
succeed in this position, you will have experience building highly
available and concurrent backend services and a good understanding of
what it means to keep these service reliable. You are knowledgeable in
today’s technologies and good engineering practices with relation to
building distributed, RPC based web services. As this role is an
internal platform team, you should be passionate about making
engineering teams work and stay productive and have a good understanding
of concepts around continuous integration, continuous delivery and
We want you to help us build the services required to support thousands of engineers and deliver our mobile applications to millions of users around the globe. This role is not just about re-using what is already out there but also building the next generation of technology to sustain our continued growth.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
- Solid fundamentals in software engineering and concepts such as design patterns, testing, build systems and automation in the continuous delivery space
- At least 6+ years of experience build RPC based web services at scale.
- Played the role of technical lead (or similar) with evidence of successful delivery of solutions at scale.
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems and concepts
- Able to collaborate and communicate on a global scale with other teams to help determine gaps in our tooling and infrastructure and help drive solutions
- Experience in the Devops space
- Understanding and direct experience in mobile technologies and platforms (iOS and/or Android)
- A lead role in pushing good engineering practices within engineering teams/organisations
- Experience in other automated testing strategies such as stress, load and performance testing.
What we offer
- Employees are given Uber rides every month.
- Opportunity to join a new office; shape the strategic direction of the engineering efforts in Amsterdam.
- Fun & informal office environment.
- Exceptionally sharp & motivated co-workers
- Free lunch everyday!