Make a difference on international development and security projects around the globe. Join our software engineering team in Barcelona.
Position: Backend Developer
- 2+ years of Backend Software engineering experience as part of a versatile team
- Proficient understanding of Node.JS
- Proficient understanding of Non-SQL Databases, including MongoDB and Neo4J.
Good understanding of SQL Databases including PostgreSQL.
Bonus: past experience with Ruby on Rails, previous start-up experience, languages (Arabic, Spanish, French, etc.)
-------------------------------- ABOUT AKTEK --------------------------------
We help our clients make sense of fragile environments so they can better understand and mitigate their operational risks and achieve greater impact.
Our technology helps decision-makers organize what they know, what their organization knows and what the world knows about their operating context so they can make better decisions and succeed.
With offices in London and Barcelona, we work in more than 12 countries around the world, helping (among other things):
- International aid projects in North Africa and the Middle East to better understand the political economy of their operating environments via dynamic stakeholder mapping;
- Coast guard forces in the Horn of Africa to combat piracy and land border forces in the Levant to protect territory via bespoke information management and communication systems;
- Governments and embassies in Eastern Europe analyze public sentiment in social media, blogs and online news to monitor propaganda campaigns and their impact.
- Private companies and local government agencies in Latin America navigate their changing risk environments with big data fusion, both in enviornmental and socio-political terms.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!