FareHarbor, a Booking.com Company, is looking for a full time, on-site backend engineer to join our product team in Amsterdam with a focus on our backend services. We’re a quickly growing company with a robust product that tens of thousands of people use to run their businesses every day and our external APIs are a key way in which we work with partners like Booking.com, Viator, TripAdvisor, VELTRA, and more, to help our clients expand their businesses.
- Work on the payments infrastructure that transfers billions of dollars annually.
- Design, implement, test, and support internal and external APIs.
- Develop and maintain automated tests.
- Work with other product team members to develop features and resolve issues.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Write technical documentation for developers.
- Have 2+ years experience working with a production codebase and mission-critical systems.
- Be proficient with Python or other similar high-level programming languages.
- Have experience working with Django or other web application frameworks.
- Have experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and supporting them with documentation.
- Have experience gathering requirements, working with technical specifications, testing, and debugging.
- Be eager to learn whatever necessary to tackle problems head-on.
- Be passionate about getting things right.
- Be comfortable with a fast-paced startup environment.
- Be open to agile development methodologies.
- 26 vacation days per year (based on 40 hours per week).
- Commuting allowance: Pension Plan
- Discounted Health Insurance Benefit
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- Central Amsterdam Location
- Social Hours & Events