KeyNest is changing how people relate to their keys. We use smart RFID fobs to manage keys for thousands of clients across the UK, both at their own offices and through an extensive network of KeyNest Stores. We are the first UK company to partner with Airbnb, for whom we welcome thousands of guests every week.
KeyNest was founded in 2015 by Marc Figueras and Florian Hoven, who met whilst working for a strategy consultancy. It all started when Marc asked his local café to hold keys for his Airbnb guests, who’d be coming later that day. Today we have a UK-wide network of stores where we hold and track keys for thousands of hosts and property managers. Last year we introduced a key management solution for Estate Agents and Property Managers following an investment round led by LiFE Ventures. Soon after we signed a global partnership with Airbnb so we are now featured inside every Airbnb host’s account in the UK.
We pride ourselves in maintaining a supportive and approachable atmosphere for our team members to enjoy and really excel at their job. As a small team we value’s everyone unique style and contribution.
Coordinating secure key handovers using partner stores throws up a lot of difficult challenges: managing access codes, key tracking and notifications, guaranteeing anonymity and security, and API integrations with OTAs like Airbnb. All of this complexity has to be presented to all parties with clean, self-explanatory user interfaces. We are looking for a developer to work closely with our product team to develop new features and APIs, and set up and manage the application infrastructure.
- Back-end development of web applications and websites using .NET framework and C#
- Managing the hosting of web application servers using Azure
- Patching servers and applications on a timely basis, managing project resiliency and backups
- Installing, managing and configuring the Windows-based application servers
- Managing our Microsoft SQL Server database and connectivity for websites and web applications
- Integrating with various APIs from different companies and creating our own
- Managing and maintaining all security aspects of the website, applications and their servers
- Experienced candidates will be expected to lead a team of developers which is expected to grow to 3-4 by the end of 2018
We are looking for
- 3 to 7 years of experience with C# and SQL databases
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think independently
- Proactive, self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Confidence, enthusiasm and a strong dedication to the job and the company
- Knowledge of web application infrastructure set up, performance monitoring and tuning
What we offer
- Crucial role in a well-funded, dynamic & fast-growing start-up
- £30k - £55k depending on experience
- Equity options
- We have a very experienced tech advisor who can advise and/or mentor as needed, as well as support from LiFE Residential’s software and IT infrastructure team.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and are looking to conduct interviews over the next 3 weeks. Interviews will be at our London office, although we can do the first interview over Skype if needed.
Please send your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!