Who we are:
We are Impraise, a team of international hackers, business hustlers and creative brains backed by the world's most renown startup accelerator, Y Combinator. We care about feedback and have a passion for design and beautiful products. We like to work with people who can bring in new skills,experience and energy. We are probably one of the most international startup teams of our size. We value open communication across different cultures and learning from each other, both personally and professionally. We made it our mission to change the way people learn and develop themselves at work by making feedback employee-driven.
What is Impraise?
Impraise is a web & mobile app for real-time feedback,recognition and coaching at work. We are fundamentally changing the way people share feedback and learn at work. We make it very easy for employees to give and receive feedback from colleagues. We also help managers to understand how to improve the performance of their teams. Ultimately, we help people develop their professional skills and become better at their job.
You will own the full development process of features on a platform that scales to thousands of users. You'll be involved in the conceptual phase, define what the product should look like and build it.
- 3+ years professional experience in computer science working in agile teams
- 2+ years of professional experience using Ruby
- Deep understanding of the Ruby and Ruby on Rails ecosystems
- Unconditional love for TDD
- Experience with Git, and making it a core part of your workflow
- Test driven mentality, with experience with fast paced software development teams
- Strong understanding of modern web development, with a hands on approach to the full stack
Besides these requirements, we value these:
- An active Github or Bitbucket account with active projects, or contributions to other projects
- Curiosity and personal/small projects in other languages and frameworks, our favourites are Node/JS, Elixir and Go
- Getting things done mentality
What do we offer?
- Learn from a talented team, advisors and investors from Europe and USA
- Mission-driven product company solving a meaningful problem
- Competitive compensation package/stock options
- Vacation policy: 25 paid vacation days a year
- Up to €150 commute coverage in case you live >10km from the office
- Office Lunch and weekly drinks on Fridays after work, company team buildings, celebrations
- Yearly team retreat: we all went to Barcelona this past May!
- Annual Professional Development Allowance (€1500)
- Annual Health Allowance (€500) (in relation to wellness and exercise, not health insurance)
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- Sponsorship : Visa and relocation (if applicable)
- Ability to work up to 4 weeks per year remote to be with your family and flexible working