Stuart is Europe’s leading on-demand logistics platform which connects businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. Our platform allows businesses big and small in every industry to deliver to their customers with never-seen-before speed and efficiency.
In 2017 just 2 years from launch, Europe’s biggest logistics company GeoPost (Groupe La Poste) acquired Stuart so that it could join prestigious companies like DPD, Colissimo, SEUR & Chronopost and conquer urban logistics.
With an exciting blend of GeoPost Group expertise and a fun, agile start up culture, Stuart has expanded to more than 70 cities across the UK, France & Spain and continued the steep growth curve it’s become accustomed to.
What really makes Stuart tick though, is the 200+ people that work here every day to smash our goals. We are a free-thinking, enthusiastic bunch whether it’s sales or operations people, engineers or designers.
We’re passionate about looking at problems in fresh and innovative ways – every problem is just opportunity for a great solution. We love to invent new ways of doing things and come to work every day with smiles on our faces.
You wanna be part of that? We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer in Paris who
will help to build a complex but stable real-time logistics system on
Ruby. You are an all-time learner and love to go deep and broad at the
same time? Then you are the perfect architect for our backend!
The Engineering team at Stuart:
- 🌍 We are an international team of talented and passionate people
- 💪 We are organised in Squads
- 🕹 We are remote
- 🤖 We automate things: Test suites, Slack bots, Ephemeral QA envs, Deployments
- 🚀 We deploy our code every day (except Friday!)
- 🔎 We contribute to open source projects
- ✍️ We write blog posts: http://medium.com/stuart-engineering
What you will do?
- Design, develop, test and implement new features
- Work closely with our product team and other tech team such as the Data, Mobile, Frontend, QA, DevOps teams.
- Understand the product and ensure it’s awesomeness in terms of usability, robustness and business value
- Write clean code and take responsibility for it
- Improve code quality through testing and code review
- Lots of problem solving and troubleshooting
Who are you?
- 4+ years of industry experience working on backend systems
- Fluency in Ruby
- Experience with a relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- If you want to put a smile on our faces: Experience with Elixir and other dynamic languages like Python
- Able to communicate in English (written and spoken)
- Good communication skills (much of the team is remote)
The icing on the cake?
- Very competitive salary package
- Monthly gym allowance to use in any gym or for any sport class - a healthy mind in a healthy body!
- Private health care
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.
- Recent and powerful hardware/equipment
- Learning Budget to buy books, conference tickets, etc
- Team offsite retreats: One offsite and two tech offsites every year. Travel to destinations like Barcelona, Castelldefels to spend quality time together
We want you to take on a role you love and we want to offer you a place you’re proud and happy to come to everyday.
So if that sounds like what you’re looking for, then apply! We’d love hear from you!
Stuart mission is to become the on-demand delivery leader in every supercity of the world through a simpler, quicker and cheaper transportation model.
From data scientists to restless couriers, designers to operation managers… Stuart strength rests upon our plurality of skills and expertise, building up our unique team. They operate from their headquarters in Barcelona, as in Paris, Brussels, London and Berlin, the first cities they'll ride through.
Co-Founded in 2015 by D. Leca (Sparrow founder acquired by Google in 2012), Stuart is now backed by great entrepreneurs such as J.D. Blanc (Allociné), J.A. Granjon (Vente-privee.com) and O. Mathiot (PriceMinister), with a total investment of €22 million.