Back-end Developer - Join our Madrid (Spain) team!
We are disrupting the Venture Space. We looked at today's startup ecosystem and came up with a plan to solve a systemic flaw: while investment qualification continues to improve, first-time entrepreneurs continue to burn funds, and waste time solving the same major problems over and over again. Our superpower comes from our ability to offer entrepreneurs 'out-of-the-box' solutions to these problems, empowering them to focus on growing their ventures.
We are based in Boston Massachusetts and Madrid Spain.
Our focus is on the future of business hospitality. Building the smartest spaces for the best human experience.
We are looking for a Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
You will be working on our internal and portfolio companies.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
Skills And Qualifications
- Understanding security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language such
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Fluency in English
More info at:
About Vivaio Lab