We’re looking for a Backend Developer to join our team and take our MVP to market. Be part of an exciting travel startup that is backed by the former UK Managing Director of Thomas Cook.
Our value proposition is simple: “Enriching family holidays, tried and tested by like-minded mums”. We’re the first travel company in the world that is focussed on mums: the decision-maker in the family when it comes to family holidays. We’re targeting the 8 million UK mums to form a unique and defensible community dedicated to family travel. TimeAway is a marketplace where SuperMums sell family holidays based on their own experiences amongst their networks. We provide SuperMums with the technology to create, share and sell holiday experiences. Since the dot com boom there has been an incredible amount of innovation in travel, but the family market has been largely ignored. It’s time to shake things up.
We’re looking for a Backend Developer to join our small and growing team. In 2018 we will build the platform where our SuperMums can create amazing holiday experiences and share these amongst their network to earn an income and build social capital. You will work with the CTO and founders to deliver a compelling holistic technical solution, taking ownership of - and initiative on - significant parts of the platform. You will conceptualize, architect and implement scalable backend servers, systems and tools that will help TimeAway scale.
• Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you energized by challenges that stand in your way?
• Are you a self-starter who enjoys a rapid pace and wants to make a difference?
• Do you have the ability to work autonomously and be decisive?
• Are you interested in travel technology?
• Conceptualize, architect and implement scalable backend servers, systems and tools
• Collaborate closely with a small, dynamic team on integration, debugging and support needs
• Develop and refine innovative features with direction from the CTO and founders, using cutting edge technology
• Design reliable and maintainable codebase which allows us to leverage data, automation and reporting to continuously optimize the platform
• Participate across the entire spectrum of the product lifecycle, from ideation to liveops by working with a multi-disciplinary team in an agile environment
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
• Keen to solve complex problems
• Great interpersonal communication skills
• Mastery of MongoDB, Redis or NoSQL
• Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
• Strong knowledge of scalable server and database architecture
• 3+ years of agile, backend development experience
• Become one of the early employees of TimeAway
• Competitive salary packages and stock options
• Think about all the holiday discounts!