We are looking for a highly skilled backend developer with experience in at least one of these languages (Go/Node.js/PHP) and some dev ops (AWS) knowledge. As an early stage start-up we need someone with a can-do attitude who is happy to jump in and get their hands dirty which could be anything from learning a new language, building an API in Laravel or optimizing an AWS pipeline. You will get the chance to work with numerous different technologies, have a say in how we drive the company forward and learn a ton along the way.
Normally wear a suit to interviews? Probably not your gig..
* Can write secure, scalable, readable code in at least one or two languages
* Experience designing and scaling databases
* Designing, building and consuming REST APIs
* AWS (Lambda /EC2/S3/ECS etc)
* Happy on the command line
* Agile development
* Familiarity with mobile and web development
* Work as part of a focused team, but at the same time self-driven and able to work independently.
Nice to have:
* Some dev ops (CI/CD/Docker)
* Experience working on high scalability websites
* Experience with big data
* Have worked with genetics data
* Share options so early contributors benefit from our success.
* Flexible working hours mean a family & life friendly environment.
* Fortnightly brainstorming team lunches.
* Flexible office or home working.
* We'll provide the laptop and IT you need to do your best work (macbook pro with monitors - you name it!).
* Book budget - order it no questions asked.
* Friday pub sessions.